Who says your something borrowed can’t be the dress? Whether you’re a bridesmaid, the bride or even the groom, looking like a million bucks on the big day can end up costing close to, well, a million bucks. Nobody needs to spend a month’s rent on a dress you’re probably only going to wear once. Save money andcloset space with these 10 wedding rental websites.
1. Rent the Runway: Wear a designer dresses for half the cost. This site is perfect for bridesmaids or even guests who need something special for the day… but not forever. You even get a backup size sent to you for free!
2. Little Borrowed Dress: This site offers 15 different bridesmaid dresses in 18 color options. Order free fabric swatches to see the colors in person and even check out their gallery of real weddings to get an idea of how other brides outfitted their ladies.
5. Adorn: So you’re already rocking that sparkling ring, but a woman can never really have enough bling. If you want to add some extra shimmer to your look you can rent diamond jewelry here for a fraction of the cost. If you really want to feel like royalty you can even rent the same diamond drop style earrings Kate Middleton wore when she married Prince Charles.
3. Vow to Be Chic: The site known for fab bridesmaid rentals, now also offers “little white dresses.” These aren’t for the bride who wants to make a big dramatic entrance, but if you’re looking for an alternative wedding dress or something a little less formal for the reception, you can snag one here for as low as $95.
4. Borrowing Magnolia: Trash the dress? More like cash the dress! Use this site to select up to three lightly used dresses to try on at home and pick your favorite. If you end up buying a dress, after the wedding send the details over to this site and you can make extra cash selling or lending it out to other brides.
7. Happily Ever Borrowed: Because you really aren’t going to use that veil again are you? At Happily Ever Borrowed you can rent things like sparkly headbands, veils, belts and sashes, clutches and more!
10. Gwynnie Bee: This plus size rental site has tons of pretty dresses to sport as either a bridesmaid or guest. New members even get a 30-day free trial.
6. Nearly Newlywed: Technically at Nearly Newlywed you have to buy the dress — but hear us out! Here’s how it works: choose from new, sample, or preowned gowns then select five to try on at home. Pick one and purchase it. After your big day you can then sell it back to the site and usually get about 50 percent of your money back.
8. Something Borrowed Bride: If you didn’t find any headwear you like at Happily Ever Borrowed, try this site!
9. Bag Borrow or Steal: If you already have the perfect outfit, pick up a new handbag to up the wow factor. Bonus: Now you can carry that new Alexander Wang bag and still pay your rent. The best part is that Bag Borrow or Steal works in one-month rental periods. So you get to tote around your new handbag long after the event.
Would you rent a dress for your big day? Which site did you like best?