10 Designer-Inspired Wedding Gowns All Under $1,000
You’ve set the entire schedule for DIY-ing your wedding day decor, and you’ve sourced more ceremony essentials that are old and borrowed than new and blue. But there’s one crucial piece of nuptials planning that’s got you — the thrifty bride-to-be — on needles and pins, and that’s the cost of your dress. When it seems like the entire Pinnaverse has got you thinking there’s no way to get around using a large chunk of your bridal budget for a gorg gown (and there are SO many of them!), we’re here to show that you can stick to your spending plan and still stun in something just as spectacular as a designer dress… but for way, way less. These 10 runway-inspired wedding dresses all retail for less than $1,000 — and even a handful under $600 — get ready to oooh and ahhh over these budget-friendly finds!
1. Off the Shoulder: Get the off-the-shoulder goddess look straight off the Amsale runway with this silk georgette gown from Ann Taylor ($550). Even without the lace overlay — nothin’ a veil couldn’t fix — this pleated dress is all kind of romantic.
3. Tiered Skirt: Marchesagets what girly girls want — delicate details and endless frills, especially on their wedding day. This Oleg Cassini gown ($649) ticks off all of those boxes too with its tiers of pleated tulle.
4. Full Tulle Skirt: There’s no more perfect occasion to float in a full skirt than at your own I Dos, and Junko Yoshioka’s take on the tulle ball gown is SO dreamy. But we’re just as taken with J.Crew’s quirky Ribbon and Tulle Ball Gown Skirt ($595), especially when paired with a simple silky Eyelash Cami ($248).
5. Stculptural + Modern: Modern brides-to-be, be warned: One look at this chic Monique Lhuillier wedding dress and you’ll be set to swear off all other options (OMG that train!). But you can stick to your budget conscious guns and still look slick in this sheer-panel maxi ($124) from ASOS.
6. Contemporary Lace: This Houghton hi-low hem gown ain’t your grandmother’s lace dress. And even though its lookalike — BHLDN’s gorg Aberdeen gown ($700) — is vintage-inspired in its design, there’s no doubt that it’s a lace dress made for a contemporary celebration.
7. Pink Gown: Vera Wang can basically do whatever she wants with bridal wear (like exclusively send bright pink ball gowns down the runway) and we’ll bow down. But what works on the catwalk doesn’t always work down the aisle, and Vera gets that. So she saved you the trouble of stalking a less saturated version ($749) of her to-die-for dress with this restyle straight from her fashion house and the verdict’s in: We’re in love.
8. Boho Bride:Temperley has got us dreaming of a boho wedding, and so does Free People with it’s breezy Mystic gown ($650). Skip the bouquet and style this long-sleeved number out with a floral crown — why not start a new tradition?
9. Short and Sweet: Go on, gush over Carolina Herrera’s spot-on tea-length dress. It’s got stunning floral embellishments, a chic illusion neckline and pockets! This wedding dress has pockets! While our lookalike may be lacking in the skirt storage department, this peppy David’s Bridal dress ($382) has us hooked on its so-flattering silhouette.
10. Simple + Strapless: The simplicity of this strapless Nicole Miller gown really is something to Pin about. So is this cinched-waist sheath gown ($549) from Galina. Without the added embellishments, you can definitely guarantee all eyes will focus on your Big Day bling.
Are you sold on these designer lookalikes — with some well under 1K, WE sure are! Where do you go to scout wedding dresses on a budget? Tell us about your fave finds in the comments below.