If you’re like us, you’re counting on Lauren Conrad’s upcoming nuptials to singer/songwriter/lawyer/all-around hunk William Tell to be a major source of DIY wedding inspo. But while we all wait for those LC + WT wedding bells to ring (and those photos to hit Instagram!), Lauren has still managed to serve up ample Big Day tips acting as a bridesmaid for her bestie Maura McManus at her California ceremony this past weekend. And while we couldn’t help but gawk at the rest of the guests-of-honor (specifically, half the cast of Laguna Beach), our eyes quickly settled (as always) on Lauren and her super chic bridesmaid style. While her belted maxi went beautifully with the rest of the bridal party’s taupe gowns, Lauren’s subtle and chic accessories made her stand out in all the right ways, both during and after the ceremony. Bridesmaids and brides-to-be, don’t pass up this moment to steal five LC-approved ways to style your best gals on the Big Day.
1. Layer on Thin Chains: An array of delicate necklaces is an easy way to let your personality shine on your BFF’s big day without clashing with the rest of the wedding party. Opt for a metallic set ($83) that’s perfectly mismatched or do the layering yourself with your fave lightly hued pieces ($56).
2. Show Off Your Ring Sets: Just because you’re not the one saying “I Do” doesn’t mean you have to attend the nuptials without dressing up your digits. Stay away from sparkle, but still make a statement with a set of thick stacking rings ($18) offset by a few more intricate stoppers ($47 each).
3. Paint on Dreamy Polish Shades: Never underestimate the power of an understated mani-pedi combo, especially as a bridesmaid (or for your girls, brides!). A golden mani and super light pedi are the key to keeping the bridal party’s look streamlined and super chic, even if every dress is different. (via Essie)
4. It’s Okay to Slip on Sunnies: …just not your beat-up wayfarers. Consider this an excuse to splurge on a totally glam pair like LC’s black shades ($280) or go straight for a set that’s model-approved ($145).
5. Carry a Crossbody Bag: You may have DIY-ed a tote at the bachelorette party, but a crossbody bag seems much more appropriate for your formal fete. If you can’t carry Chanel, try a just-as-posh (but wallet-friendly) alternative like a quilted circle bag ($31) or a clutch with a fancy chain strap ($68).
What tips do you have for bridesmaids looking to accessorize on the big day? Tell us how you’ve styled out your bridal party (or plan to!) in the comments below.
(h/t Huffington Post)