Get the Look: Lauren Conrad’s Bridesmaid Style
If you’re like us, you’re counting on Lauren Conrad’s upcoming nuptials to singer/songwriter/lawyer/all-around hunk William Tell to be a major source of DIY wedding inspo. But while we all wait for those LC + WT wedding bells to ring (and those photos to hit Instagram!), Lauren has still managed to serve up ample Big Day tips acting as a bridesmaid for her bestie Maura McManus at her California ceremony this past weekend. And while we couldn’t help but gawk at the rest of the guests-of-honor (specifically, half the cast of Laguna Beach), our eyes quickly settled (as always) on Lauren and her super chic bridesmaid style. While her belted maxi went beautifully with the rest of the bridal party’s taupe gowns, Lauren’s subtle and chic accessories made her stand out in all the right ways, both during and after the ceremony. Bridesmaids and brides-to-be, don’t pass up this moment to steal five LC-approved ways to style your best gals on the Big Day.
1. Layer on Thin Chains: An array of delicate necklaces is an easy way to let your personality shine on your BFF’s big day without clashing with the rest of the wedding party. Opt for a metallic set ($83) that’s perfectly mismatched or do the layering yourself with your fave lightly hued pieces ($56).
2. Show Off Your Ring Sets: Just because you’re not the one saying “I Do” doesn’t mean you have to attend the nuptials without dressing up your digits. Stay away from sparkle, but still make a statement with a set of thick stacking rings ($18) offset by a few more intricate stoppers ($47 each).
3. Paint on Dreamy Polish Shades: Never underestimate the power of an understated mani-pedi combo, especially as a bridesmaid (or for your girls, brides!). A golden mani and super light pedi are the key to keeping the bridal party’s look streamlined and super chic, even if every dress is different. (via Essie)
4. It’s Okay to Slip on Sunnies: …just not your beat-up wayfarers. Consider this an excuse to splurge on a totally glam pair like LC’s black shades ($280) or go straight for a set that’s model-approved ($145).
5. Carry a Crossbody Bag: You may have DIY-ed a tote at the bachelorette party, but a crossbody bag seems much more appropriate for your formal fete. If you can’t carry Chanel, try a just-as-posh (but wallet-friendly) alternative like a quilted circle bag ($31) or a clutch with a fancy chain strap ($68).
What tips do you have for bridesmaids looking to accessorize on the big day? Tell us how you’ve styled out your bridal party (or plan to!) in the comments below.
(h/t Huffington Post)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.