11 Pairs of Flares You Need for Fall
Unless you’ve been living under a rock these past few months, you’ve probably heard the earth-shattering news: Skinny-leg jeans are so outta here. Enter the flared pants that, for many of us, haven’t seen the light of day since grade school. While some of you may be hesitant to leave your beloved skinnies behind, rest assured that change can be a good thing. We’re sharing 11 flared styles just in time for the new season.
1. Casablanca Petite Flare Jeans ($194): Bye bye, “no white after Labor Day” rule: These white flares are here to stay. No longer restricted to the summer months, these stunners will serve you well beyond September. Chunky knit sweaters, here we come!
2. Superscript High-Rise Flare Jeans ($138): Bring out the chambray shirts and oversized scarves: It’s time to get back to your free-spirited ways with this high-rise flare. Besides the dark wash, we’re crushing hard over those extra-large pockets.
3. Mad Crops Wide-Leg Jean ($108): Roomy is the name of the game, as far as these wide-leg jeans are concerned. When in doubt, do less. Keep the accessories to a minimum as you allow your frayed jeans to do the talking.
4. High-Rise Bell Jean ($245): Wowzer, we didn’t know that bell bottoms could look this good. In a true blue wash with a hint of distressing, these five-pocket jeans are about to become a part of your daily uniform.
5. Moto “Quinn” Flare Jeans ($45): Tell your prized boyfriend jeans that you need a break — these relaxed-fit flare jeans are about to steal the show. Polished enough for a day of running errands and comfortable enough for lounging around your apartment, this #winning pair is made for the everygirl.
6. Flea Market Flares ($135): Swap out your cool-girl, button-front denim skirts for an easy-going pair of flea market flares. Did we mention that these make your legs go on for miles? Oh yeah.
7. Braided High-Waist Flare in Vivid Medium Indigo ($235): As a rule of thumb, dark washes tend to come across as more formal and sophisticated. For occasions when you want to dress up, but don’t necessarily want to wear a dress, these medium-wash flares are a must. The braided detail is perfect, as it will instantly add panache to any look.
8. Vintage Levis ‘70s Flare Jean ($125): Revel in the coolest thing since way back when… aka the only pair of jeans that grows better with time. We’re referring to none other than these vintage Levis, of course. The faded, “washed + worn” look has us reminiscing about the carefree, flower-picking days of our childhood.
9. ASOS Curve Clean Indigo Flare Jean ($63): From work to happy hour, the styling possibilities are endless when you have a foolproof pair of black flares in your arsenal. Part hipster, part city girl, these flares are unstoppable when worn with confidence.
10. Petite Laura Crepe Flared Trousers ($20): Comfier than a pair of sweats — yup, we said it — these are the red-flared trousers that you’re going to want to live in this season. Seriously. Dress them up for the boardroom with a smart blazer or go boho with a crop top and fedora.
11. Joan High Rise Flare ($89): It’s all in the (patchwork) pocket. Born in the wrong decade? These retro flares are for you. Proceed to style them with a romantic lace blouse and some clogs for maximum ’70s perfection.