17 Ways to Use Up Leftover Aloe Long After Summer Is Over
As summer becomes a distant memory hidden beneath the promise of a cold, wet winter and more deadlines than we can keep track of, it’s time to find new ways to extend the lives of those summer loves. You can sneak denim midis and your fave essentials into fall, but what about your tried-and-true products like aloe? While aloe might give you flashbacks of times you totally scorched your poor skin at the beach or the pool, it’s time to extend your scope. To kick off your new perspective on this handy succulent, we compiled 17 awesome uses for aloe even after summer is long gone.
1. Aloe Drink: Loaded with antioxidants, enzymes and complex carbohydrates, aloe vera juice can be blended into your favorite shake or smoothie for a healthy detox. Avoid relying on it too often and stick to ingesting no more than one tablespoon of aloe up to two times a day. (via Popsugar)
2. Aloe Vera and Lemon Face Pack: Create this gentle facial exfoliant using aloe vera, lemon juice and honey. Apply the mixture directly to your face for 15 minutes, following with warm water and a moisturizer. (via Hello Natural)
3. The Unknotting Natural Aloe Vera Toner ($7): What really caught our eye about this product was the unique mixture of witch hazel, peppermint and aloe vera. Anyone who’s all about the post-toning tingle will get a kick out of this combo.
4. Aloe Cellulite Treatment: Ladies who wish their cellulite would fade will benefit from Leslie Kenton’s DIY cellulite lotion. Combine aloe vera liquid, fucus vesculosus and kola liquid extract. Keep the well-shaken mixture in the fridge and apply twice daily. (via Leslie Kenton)
5. Aloe Acne Scar Treatment: As a result of its ability to lighten skin, Style Craze says that aloe vera can ease scars left over from acne. Just apply the gel directly to clean skin. (via Style Craze)
6. The Body Shop Aloe Starter Kit ($18): If you’re ready to jump into the aloe trend, give this stunner of a kit from The Body Shop a try. It comes with cleanser, toner, day and night cream and a mesh bag, and would be a fantastic gift for any skincare lovers.
8. Right Soap Aloe Vera Facial Soap ($6): We’ve got a special place in our hearts for DIY soap, and these handmade facial soaps pulled at our heartstrings as soon as we saw them. This bar is refreshing and all-natural, and is a great fit for anyone struggling with skin that just seems to be constantly freaking out.
9. Aquarian Bath Lavender and Aloe Hair Soap ($7): This gorgeous shampoo bar is loaded up with aloe, jojoba and unrefined shea butter, making it the perfect solution to a dry, itchy scalp. The lack of packaging means it’s eco-friendly too.
10. Luxe Apothecary Cucumber + Aloe Toning Mist ($16): Sensitive skin will be totally beautified by this blend of aloe, rose water, grapefruit, bergamot and lime essential oils. It’s alcohol-free and easy to use; just mist on freshly cleansed skin.
11. Aloe Makeup Primer Recipe: Did you know that you can totally DIY your primer? Mix aloe vera gel with moisturizer and your foundation for an ultra-lightweight cover. Follow with your usual routine, or go light and natural. (via We Love Aloe)
12. Bliss Grapefruit and Aloe Body Butter ($29): This body butter is almost as good as a massage. Nourish and refresh every inch of your skin and smell like an absolutely delicious grapefruit all day long.
13. Earth Philosophy Aloe and Coconut Hydrating Mist ($16): Multi-use products are always something to fawn over, and this mist is just begging to be tossed into your bag for all-day refreshment. Spritz on hair and skin to stay hydrated.
14. Aloe Vera Gel Hydrating and Firming Mask: Whether your skin is young and plump or more mature and dry, you’ll benefit from this natural mask. Simply apply fresh aloe vera gel to a clean face and let dry. (via Delicious Living)
15. bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Foundation ($27): Your makeup should always be doing the work to keep your skin healthy and happy, and this lightweight foundation does just the trick. Infused with aloe, tea tree oil and Aspen bark, this remedy will encourage clearer skin while it covers.
16. WEN Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner ($32): The skin-nourishing benefits of aloe transfer smoothly into this unique conditioner. Made without sulfates, this products replaces your usual go-tos by acting as both shampoo and conditioner. Your hair will be easy to work with and stronger than ever.
17. Coconut + Aloe Moisturizer: Make your own moisturizer by combining aloe vera with coconut oil, the king of the natural skincare kingdom. This DIY is awesome for soothing eczema and acne. (via Little Green Dot)
How will you add aloe to your routine? Let us know in the comments!