With snowstorms sweeping across the country—including one that dropped up to 18 inches of snow around my hometown of Chicago—we here in 66-degrees-and-sunny San Francisco are wholeheartedly feelin’ for those bruised by the blizzard. On top of sending warm vibes across the States, we’ve rounded up 15 blizzard busting winter boots to keep you trekkin ’ through the frosty streets. ‘Cause if you can’t stay in and snuggle by a wood burning fireplace, at least you can tackle the snow in style.
1. Sperry Top-Sider for J.Crew Leather Shearwater Boots ($150): These color blocked booties are perfect for stomping through the slush like a boss. Rubber soles and a shearling padded upper ensure your feet stay dry and warm.
2. Valenme Tribal Winter Booties ($80): Take on the snow in these wool slip ons that boast a hip winter tribal pattern. We might take these for a spin even after the snow melts ;)
3. Women’s Tofino Herringbone Boot ($150): Fleece lining and faux fur trim give you good visual cues that your tootsies will be well taken care of in these snow boots. The herringbone pattern makes these furry numbers more chic than shabby.
4. Tretorn Skerry Vinter Matte ($53): These soft ,faux fur lined rubber boots got me through five Chicago winters, including a blizzard that dropped two feet of snow across the city overnight. So yeah, these waterproof boots come highly recommended in times like these.
5. Cole Haan Henson Tall Boot ($300): Sometimes extreme weather can instigate dramatic coping mechanisms, like giving your winter footwear a seriously high fashion upgrade.
6. Timberland 6” Premium Winter White Lace Up Flat Boot ($290): Timberlands are having a moment this season, and we have to say we’re kind of into their rugged vibe. Best part is, they’re set to tackle the snow-filled streets with rustproof eyelets and a durable traction sole.
7. Women’s Merona Norma Snow Boots ($40): The price is totally right for these plaid snow boots. With a snuggly blue flannel upper and a thick rubber sole, they’re sure to get you through the rest of this winter.
8. Araneo Boot ($49): Man, if only I had an excuse to buy a pair of winter-ready, neon herringbone moon boots…
9. Nike Lunar Terra Arktos Snow Boots ($309): Who knew Nike made snow boots? We’re stoked to stumble upon this find that’s the perfect mix of sporty and rugged. Plus, can we talk about the amazing hot pink-army green color combo?
10. Khombu Quechee Strap ($109): We love the bungee drawstring feature on these nylon shell boots. They might be the perfect pair to wear if you’re nominated for shovelling duty.
11. Adidas By Stella McCartney Eulampis Boot ($175): And we thought the Nike x Pendleton collab was brilliant! Just check out these swoon-worthy snow boots by Stella McCartney for Adidas. Grab ‘em now—they’re a steal at this discounted price.
12. Rubber Duck Corfury Trek Boot ($100): These colorful corduroy boots might just be our favorite snow stompers. We love how the sporty rubber sole makes this pair feel less clunky than other winter boots tend to appear.
13. Miller Jelly Boot ($90): Chunky ‘90s-style heels are on trend, even for snow boots, it seems! These waterproof jelly boots may need a little help from a thick pair of wool socks to get your toes nice and cozy, but make no mistake: these are serious slush busters.
14. 1964 Premium Canvas Boots ($140): Sometimes you just get things right the first time, like these snow boots that recall the groovy decade in which Sorel was founded. You can’t go wrong with this classic style, especially when they’re pimped out with hot pink laces.
15. Women’s Shellista Lace Luxe ($160): If all else fails in your search for the perfect winter boot, you know you can always turn to the North Face. This waterproof suede boot is a best seller, and there’s no doubt as to why.
What other snow-busting boots, shoes, jackets, or accessories are you pulling out for this snow storm? Tell us about your favorite weather-proof styles in the comments below.