Finally! 15 Stylish Boots for Winter Weather
There’s a bit of a Goldilocks dilemma when it comes to finding a stylish pair of winter boots. While snow shoes are too big and bulky, your average fall booties are just a little too basic for winter wear. So when it comes down to it, turn to these 15 chic boots that don’t sacrifice style for comfort when the temperature drops. In our eyes, that’s just right. :)
1. Shellys London Houndstooth Pony Hair Ankle Boot ($120): Everyone knows there’s no pattern more chic than Houndstooth, especially when paired with black, pony hair paneling. Maybe these ankle boots aren’t the best for wet weather, but they’re perfect for kicking around the first dusting of freshly fallen snow.
2. Casual Winter Boots ($232): These suede, knee-high boots are an instant classic. Pair with a grey trench coat or quilted bomber jacket for seriously high-end winter look.
3. Wedge Heel Boots ($60): Keep your feet warm and fuzzy in these wedge heel booties. Faux fur will surely tickle your ankle’s fancy ;)
4. Dollar Vintage Wellies ($30): We couldn’t pass up these basic Wellies based on their color alone. ‘Cause who wouldn’t want to splash through a sleet storm in these bright mint boots?
5. Women’s Medina Rain Ankle Boot ($225): These waterproof ankle boots were the main inspiration for this chic boot roundup: functional for winter weather, yet so incredibly cool. When we saw the coral color block heel, it was love at first sight.
6. Swedish Hasbeens 877 Zip It Emy Ankle Boots ($454): Is there any kind of shoe more durable than a clog? We’re big fans of Swedish Hasbeens’ ability to design footwear that’s inspired by tradition, yet so fashion-forward, just like these matte-finished ankle boots.
7. Valenme Snowflake Booties ($340): Saddle shoes meet riding boots in this amazing winter boot mashup. We’re obviously smitten with the side snowflake embellishment.
9. Abigail Neoprene Ankle Boots ($60): These black and blue ankle boots might be the ultimate winter boot. Flexible neoprene ankle panels let you slip in with ease no matter how thick your socks are.
10. Women’s Joan of Arctic Wedge Mid Boot ($240): These waterproof, wedge ankle boots are a trendsetter’s ultimate snow shoes. A sleek, yet durable design will let you frolic through the snow in style.
11. James Embroidered Booties ($140): Get cozy with these Western-inspired winter boots. Wear this pair with a pair of fleece-lined leggings for ultimate comfort!
12. Report Signature Allon Heeled Booties ($160): Kick Jack Frost in the butt with these fierce heeled combat boots! Faux velvet gives them a shiny, winter wonderland feel.
13. Ash Yes Triple-Buckle Hidden Wedge Boot ($335): This might be our favorite pair of chic winter boots on the list. Trendy on the outside, comfy on the inside—you can’t ask for much more!
14. Bass Tanner Lace Up Boot ($119): These two-toned suede boots are perfectly preppy. Lace up this handsome pair with wool peacoat or roomy cocoon coat on any winter day.
15. Dani Boots ($235): You know a pair of boots are warm when they come equipped with a pair of tweed leg warmers! Tan contrast straps dress up this pretty pair of totally wearable chocolate boots.
Have you found the perfect pair of chic winter boots? Where did you find them? How do you style them? Talk to us in the comments below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.