Finally! 15 Stylish Boots for Winter Weather
There’s a bit of a Goldilocks dilemma when it comes to finding a stylish pair of winter boots. While snow shoes are too big and bulky, your average fall booties are just a little too basic for winter wear. So when it comes down to it, turn to these 15 chic boots that don’t sacrifice style for comfort when the temperature drops. In our eyes, that’s just right. :)
1. Shellys London Houndstooth Pony Hair Ankle Boot ($120): Everyone knows there’s no pattern more chic than Houndstooth, especially when paired with black, pony hair paneling. Maybe these ankle boots aren’t the best for wet weather, but they’re perfect for kicking around the first dusting of freshly fallen snow.
2. Casual Winter Boots ($232): These suede, knee-high boots are an instant classic. Pair with a grey trench coat or quilted bomber jacket for seriously high-end winter look.
3. Wedge Heel Boots ($60): Keep your feet warm and fuzzy in these wedge heel booties. Faux fur will surely tickle your ankle’s fancy ;)
4. Dollar Vintage Wellies ($30): We couldn’t pass up these basic Wellies based on their color alone. ‘Cause who wouldn’t want to splash through a sleet storm in these bright mint boots?
5. Women’s Medina Rain Ankle Boot ($225): These waterproof ankle boots were the main inspiration for this chic boot roundup: functional for winter weather, yet so incredibly cool. When we saw the coral color block heel, it was love at first sight.
6. Swedish Hasbeens 877 Zip It Emy Ankle Boots ($454): Is there any kind of shoe more durable than a clog? We’re big fans of Swedish Hasbeens’ ability to design footwear that’s inspired by tradition, yet so fashion-forward, just like these matte-finished ankle boots.
7. Valenme Snowflake Booties ($340): Saddle shoes meet riding boots in this amazing winter boot mashup. We’re obviously smitten with the side snowflake embellishment.
9. Abigail Neoprene Ankle Boots ($60): These black and blue ankle boots might be the ultimate winter boot. Flexible neoprene ankle panels let you slip in with ease no matter how thick your socks are.
10. Women’s Joan of Arctic Wedge Mid Boot ($240): These waterproof, wedge ankle boots are a trendsetter’s ultimate snow shoes. A sleek, yet durable design will let you frolic through the snow in style.
11. James Embroidered Booties ($140): Get cozy with these Western-inspired winter boots. Wear this pair with a pair of fleece-lined leggings for ultimate comfort!
12. Report Signature Allon Heeled Booties ($160): Kick Jack Frost in the butt with these fierce heeled combat boots! Faux velvet gives them a shiny, winter wonderland feel.
13. Ash Yes Triple-Buckle Hidden Wedge Boot ($335): This might be our favorite pair of chic winter boots on the list. Trendy on the outside, comfy on the inside—you can’t ask for much more!
14. Bass Tanner Lace Up Boot ($119): These two-toned suede boots are perfectly preppy. Lace up this handsome pair with wool peacoat or roomy cocoon coat on any winter day.
15. Dani Boots ($235): You know a pair of boots are warm when they come equipped with a pair of tweed leg warmers! Tan contrast straps dress up this pretty pair of totally wearable chocolate boots.
Have you found the perfect pair of chic winter boots? Where did you find them? How do you style them? Talk to us in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!