Meet the project that will renew your love for this cold season: a winter cone cake! We’ve blown out our snickerdoodle candles, put away the candy canes, and officially begun counting down the days until the holiday season begins again. But hold up! You don’t need to say goodbye to that winter magic just yet. If the classic gingerbread house had a whimsical, seasonally appropriate little sister, this cone cake would definitely be it. Follow along to see how you can make your own!
WINTER CONE CAKE RECIPE
Ingredients and Materials:
- box cake mix (+ additional suggested ingredients)
- waffle cones
- buttercream frosting in a piping bag
- bottle brush trees
- animal figurines
- mini marshmallows
- powdered sugar
1. Start by making your cake in a cone. We used our favorite box mix and microwaved our cones to cake perfection. Follow this 30-second cupcake-in-a-cone tutorial to do the same and save time! Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Pipe on frosting using a tip of your choice. If you don’t have a piping bag, use a plastic Ziploc and snip a small corner off the bag. The more frosting, the better!
3. Add your winter scene on top using winter figurines, trees, sprinkles, powdered sugar “snow,” and other small toppings.
Psst: Most bottle brush trees come with some type of base. Remove this and attach toothpicks for easy placement.
These babies are the perfect combination of whimsical and delicious.
Aren’t you relieved that you don’t have to let go of that seasonal joy just yet? Now, let’s get decorating!
Show us your winter cone cake over on Instagram using hashtag #britstagram!
Styling + Production: Kayla Haykin
Photography: Kurt Andre
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.