If you’re planning a winter wedding, tend to get cold, or just want to make your wedding gown a little more modest, the right cover-up can do wonders! And these days, pashminas (bless them) aren’t your only option. From faux fur jackets to cozy sweaters, there are so many ways to look stylish and stay warm on your big day. Here are 15 cover-ups that will have you hoping for cold weather on your wedding day.
1. Winter White: This soft cover-up looks gorgeous with the lush winter white bouquet and the groom’s grey suit.
2. A Blanket Statement: Wrap yourself in a printed blanket for a rustic look (that you can snuggle up under long after your wedding is over).
3. The Princess Bride: This modern bridal coat looks great paired with the ultra-feminine gown, but we could see it working just as well with an ivory sheath for a spring courthouse wedding.
4. Knit Happens: A cozy scarf and mittens make even a sleeveless gown winter-ready…and this bride’s “something blue” is covered!
5. All That Glitters: As if this long-sleeved sequined gown wasn’t stunning enough, adding the luxurious cover-up makes the whole look unbelievably glam (and warm!).
6. A Better Sweater: This pretty pink sweater helps achieve every bride’s goal: looking like the very best version of yourself. Between the sweater and the braid, she’s nailed the “I woke up like this” bridal look.
7. Suit Yourself: With jumpsuits shaping up to be a huge bridal trend for 2014, take a cue from this bride and throw a smart jacket over yours. We love that the feminine ruffle on this jacket is perfectly bridal but totally unfussy.
8. Bride-ing Hood: This straight-out-of-a-fairy-tale cape is totally romantic, but pairing it with a sleek and shimmering dress and a bold bouquet makes it feel modern.
9. Play Your Cardigans Right: We adore the vintage silhouette of this bride’s look, and the simple cardigan matches it perfectly. (And major bonus points for a bride in glasses!)
10. Make it Rain: This bride’s pretty ivory wrap has us wishing for a rainy wedding day; she looks warm and toasty despite the bad weather.
11. Color Me Plaid: Go for a more casual look by tying a worn-in shirt over your gown. The oversized bouquet and high bun makes her look elegant but down-to-earth.
12. Pretty Maids All in a Row: Matching cover-ups make a great bridesmaids gift! And a monogram inside your own (perhaps with new initials?) is a great touch.
13. In the Hood: A hooded capelet is romantic, but with a whimsical and fun touch.
14. That’s a Wrap!: This delicate shawl might not be able to withstand the polar vortex, but it’s a lovely way to beat a chill (or make a conservative grandma happy!) during an indoor winter wedding.
15. Flock Star: This feather-trimmed cover-up has just the right hint of drama, and the illusion neckline is oh-so-sophisticated.
1. Photo by: Abby Jiu on Munaluchi Bridal 2. Pat Furey Photography on Wedding Chicks 3. Temperley London 4. Zach Mathers Photography on Inspired By This 5. Scarlet O’Neill on Wedding Chicks 6. Christie Graham Photography on Bridal Musings via Lover.ly 7. Alexandra Roberts on Inspired By This 8. Theia 9. Amac and Wise on Polka Dot Bride 10. Braedon Photography 11. Ashley Seawell Photography on Grey Likes Weddings 12. Mark Williams Studio on Southern Weddings 13. Kali Lu Photo on Wedding Chicks via Lover.ly 14. From BHLDN 15. Reem Acra