Make Work Lunches Easier With These 12 Meal Prep Must-Haves
Let’s face it — whether you’re 10 years old sporting your favorite dinosaur lunch box or 30 years old and proud of that new fancy bento box, your lunch gear says a lot about you. If you’ve searched high and low for the perfect containers for your mason jar salad and PB&J, your hunt is over. Scroll down to find 12 must-have meal prep accessories to make bringing your lunch *so* much easier.
1. YINGGG Squeezy Portable Salad Dressing Bottles ($9): These silicone bottles are the perfect size to store your favorite salad dressing or ketchup. They come in a pack of four, so you can keep each one filled and ready to go.
2. THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar ($18): Nothing ruins your day more than a container of tomato soup spilling in your lunch bag. Eliminate that risk altogether with this durable food jar that keeps your food cold for seven hours and hot for five.
3. Ello Campy Travel Mug ($18): How many times have you brought your coffee to work, only to get busy and end up with cold Joe? Invest in a stainless steel travel mug like this one, and you’ll also look mighty cool while you sip.
4. BPA-Free Reusable Microwavable Meal Prep Containers With Lids ($11): Are you even really meal prepping if you don’t have the proper containers? Of course, you are. But it does help if they’re all the same size, BPA-free, and reusable.
5. Nordic by Nature Premium Black Metal Sandwich and Snack Bags ($21): Ditch the baggie waste and go for a non-toxic reusable bag that’s dishwasher safe and will keep your PB&J fresh.
6. Ball Wide Mouth Half Gallon Jars With Lids and Bands ($21): If mason jar salads are your jam, then you need to stock up to have one for every day of the work week. These half gallons are perfect if you want to leave a little room to shake everything up.
7. Urban Outfitters Souper Mug ($10): This microwave-safe mug is perfect for toting your homemade tortilla soup to work. Heating and serving in one container has never been easier.
8. Anthropologie Insulated Lunch Sack ($22): Who says kids get to have all the fun? We dare you to not smile every time you see these whimsical alpacas on your lunch sack.
9. Urban Outfitters Essential Printed Bowl ($10): Your leftover pasta will look fab in these chic printed bowls from Urban Outfitters. The lid has a handy steamer vent to allow excess heat to escape and prevent pesky splatter from your sauce.
10. Swell Stainless Steel Bottle ($35): This bottle will keep your drink cold for 24 hours, so lukewarm water will never be an issue.
11. Pottery Barn Kids Spencer Bento Box Container ($17): When you don’t want your sushi to touch your brownie, this durable plastic bento box will save the day. It has five compartments to keep food separate and fits easily in most lunch bags.
12. Container Store Klipo Cutlery Set ($5): Stop using those lunchroom plastic utensils and keep this reusable cutlery set at your desk from now on. You’ll get two handles with interchangeable utensils that can be used as chopsticks, a knife, fork, or spoon.
Follow us on Pinterest for more lunch inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.