It’s time to take your booties, scarves and cozy sweaters out from the back of the closet, because fall is officially here. In addition to cooler temps, falling leaves and pumpkin-spiced everything, autumn brings with it a bounty of seasonally inspired beauty trends. When it comes to fall nail trends, it’s all about dark hues, leaf motifs and glam glitter. Keep scrolling for 35 festive ideas to inspire your fall mani.
1. Jewel Tones: ‘Tis the season to break out your darker nail polishes — and use them all at once. A single gold embellishment is the perfect finishing touch.
2. Candy Corn Leaves: Leaves and glitter and candy corn-inspired stripes, oh my! This mani is the trifecta of fall nail art.
3. Feelin’ Foxy: Just because summer’s over doesn’t mean you have to box up your white polish. Make it autumn appropriate with pops of pumpkin orange and cute little foxes. Remind us again — what does the fox say?
4. Harvest Shades: Who says all your digits have to be painted the same color? This is a super simple and seasonal way to put your fave matte shades to use.
5. Feather Fever: Decals are a fun and easy way to create a festive mani. Feathers filled in with metallic gold and garnet look perfectly autumnal.
6. Ruffian: Embrace the changing of the seasons with an autumn-inspired take on a ruffian mani. This one features a pretty palette of gold and rich berry.
7. Falling leaves: Feeling artsy? Try a freehand leaf motif to celebrate the changing of the seasons.
8. Glittery Foliage: Nothing gets us in the mood for fall like glittering foliage nail art. These leaves are a shimmering metallic mani-masterpiece.
9. Harvest Gold: A metallic mani with pretty printed leaves is the perfect way to celebrate the season. For style that slays, add alternating colors to your nails.
10. Merlot + Muted Gold: If this isn’t the most stunning color combination, we don’t know what is. Leaf silhouettes and tiny gems take it to the next level.
11. Bling: Neutrals can still be glam for fall. We love this combination of cool taupe and army green that’s taken to an entirely new level thanks to the iridescent encrusted statement finger.
12. Tie-Dye Streaks: Don’t these colors just scream fall? Create an instant tie-dye effect by painting thick, colorful stripes and then streaking them together using a fine-tipped paintbrush.
13. Hot Chocolate: We’re obsessed with this geometric design featuring layered Neapolitan colors. Is it just us, or does this make you thirsty for a cup of cocoa (complete with marshmallows)?
14. Sparkling Cider: There’s something sophisticated yet super playful about this neutral glitter and leaf motif mani. This is def fall #manigoals.
15. Plaid: You know it’s autumn when your nails match your flannel. While blue may not be a traditional fall shade, it totally works when inspired by the stylish apparel of the season.
16. Negative Space Minimalist: A seasonal color palette keeps this minimalist mani right on trend. Use warm fall tones to create a next-level negative-space mani that screams “wear me with black skinnies and a moto jacket.”
17. Pumpkin Patch: Our fave fall activity? Pumpkin picking. This mani channels that seasonal tradition to perfection.
18. Autumn Romance: Hot date? Anniversary? Holiday party? Take your mani there with lovely pearl and gold details that are tailor-made for a night out.
19. Lovely Leaves: This mani may look complicated, but you can recreate it at home in just three simples steps. Start with a neutral glitter base, stamp on leaves and decorate with another top coat of sparkles.
20. Fall Florals: Flowers are NOT just for spring and summer. Take florals out for a spin with seasonal hues — orange, yellow and ivy.
21. Starry Nights: With fall comes shorter days and longer nights. Take inspo from the evening skies and create your own starry night mani.
22. Festive Ombré: Give your nude base a glam update with a glitter gradient. Rock with your fave daytime metallics and cozy sweaters. Boozy brunch, anyone?
23. Burgundy Buds: We can’t help but fall in love with these richly colored, hand-drawn florals. Do you dare to wear with a floral printed top? We say yes!
24. Candy Apple: We’re falling hard for this rad red mani that calls to mind weekend apple picking. It looks good enough to eat.
25. Sunset: These autumn sunset-inspired nails are straight fire! This is def a design for a more experienced DIY-er.
26. Pumpkin Spice: Forget a single accent nail — this marvelous mani has two! The polka dots and sparkles remind us of a trip to the pumpkin patch.
27. Wild West: Orange, yellow and red give this Western-inspired design a seasonal update. We love a good denim jacket for fall, and how cute would it look with this mani?
28. Mix-and-Match Glitter: Pick five of your fave fall shades and give them a double dose of glam with this glitter gradient. All that’s left to do is throw on your go-to slip dress and hit the town.
29. Neutrals + Leaves + Glitter: We love watching the leaves turn such beautiful colors in the fall. So why not translate that to your digits? Bring the whole look to life with a swipe of green glitter to contrast the foliage hue.
30. Earth + Sky: Short nails can be super chic, and the perfect canvas for mini seasonal motifs. Tree stamps add a fun and festive touch to this brown and blue mani.
31. Western Negative Space: Yes, an Aztec mani works all year long — not just during festival season. Keep your design looking RN by layering details on a clear or nude base.
32. Deep Green + Gold: Rich fur green and sparkling gold glitter is an ideal color combo for more formal occasions. Color-blocked nails in decadent colors with glittery accents are the perfect way to usher in the season.
33. Berry Glam: Go ahead, make each of your nails as unique as you. Show off your style and personality with berry hues, glam glitter and hand-drawn leaves, or combine them all in the ultimate fall manicure.
34. Dot Designs: Create your own design with adorable dots. Start with a neutral base, then add layers of muted tones and deep burgundies for a new take on this season’s nail art.
35. Matte: Stay on trend with matte polish and cute little woodland creatures. Brown may not be the first color you think of for a mani, but it’s the perfect backdrop for this adorable design.
Follow us on Pinterest for all things nail art!