Who says mason jars are the only containers hot on the repurposing scene? Bottles are where it’s at, especially after poppin’ bottles in the ice, like a blizzard.
But for real, after your next big shindig, be sure to save a few of those glass and plastic bottles to make your own take on any of these 20 creative ways to repurpose bottles.
1. Color-Dipped Plastic Bottles: Can you believe those are plastic bottles? They look way too sweet, and anything but trashy. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
2. Wine Bottle Tumblers: One of our favorite tutorials (and yours too! – it’s one of our most popular) from the archives, it’s actually pretty simple to turn wine bottles in tumblers with the right equipment. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Recycled Wine Bottle Torch: If only we had a garden to make this industrial chic DIY all ours. (via Design*Sponge)
4. DIY Milk Vases: Swoon over milk glass bottles and vases you see at antique shops? Make your own little hack by using matte white spray paint and old milk and beer bottles. (via I Spy DIY)
5. Rainbow Yarn Bottles: For a crazy colorful tablescape that still feels delicate, wrap bottles in yarn of all different colors and fill with white blooms. (via Wedding Chicks)
6. Washi Tape Bottles: Washi tape strikes again! We love the patterned stripes and different colors on this repurposed juice bottle. (via Studio Sjoesjoe)
7. Beer Bottleneck Shot Glasses: Ok, this might be the best use of a bottleneck we’ve ever seen. These would be absolutely perfect for a power hour. (via Signerat)
8. Beer Bottle Bud Vases: Speaking of beer, how sweet are these beer bottle bud vases? We love the blue tones and painters tape designs. (via Brit + Co.)
9. Hanging Bottles: For a cool piece of ceiling decor, we love the idea of filling clear bottles with flowers and hanging them, almost like a freestyle chandelier. (via Utterly Engaged)
10. Polka Dot Bottles: You know all those dotty stickers at office supply stores? What up polka dot bottle?! (via Studio Sjoesjoe)
11. Mounted Vases: You’ll have to head to the hardware store for this one, but it’s pretty darn easy to recreate. (via Design*Sponge)
12. PET Bottle Coin Purse: Wait, what?! Also, don’t they kind of remind of you Pacman? (via Green Upgrader)
13. Wrapping Paper Vases: If you’re looking for another way to repurpose wrapping paper, simply wrap around bottles for a charming little centerpiece. (Good Housekeeping)
14. Embossed Bottles: Guess what was used to emboss these bottles? Puff paint! Seriously, like the kind you used to make personalized t-shirts at summer camp. (via Nouveau)
15. Candy Corn Ombre Bottles: Bookmark this one for Halloween. (via Brit + Co.)
16. Gilded Candy Wrapper Bottles: What looks like fancy gold foil is actually recycled candy wrappers – brilliant! (via A Subtle Revelry)
17. Orange Washi Tape: We’re cheating a little bit by showing a white jug as well, but how amazing are those mini pennant flags? (via How About Orange)
18. Newspaper Holder + Pencil Holder: Use bottles to get organized by creating a newspaper and magazine caddy, or a pencil holder for your desk. (via No Quedan Blogs)
19. Green + Gold Glassware: We created this set of glassware for St. Patrick’s Day, along with a chevron ice bucket and tray. Cheers! (via Brit + Co.)
20. Plastic Bottle Vertical Garden: And on the super green end of the spectrum, you can use turn plastic bottles into an awesome sustainable vertical garden. (via Rosenbaum)
How have you repurposed plastic bottles? Tell us in the comments below.