Fancy table linens can be a real dining room expense, not to mention that you need a matching set of eight or more napkins. Thankfully, we’ve discovered ways to trick out your tablecloth and create a beautiful base for all kinds of tablescape possibilities. Journey into the realm of dyes and paints with these 13 DIY tablecloths.
1. Dip Dyed Tablecloth: Dip dyeing is a simple way to add interest and color to a large piece of fabric. And if yellow ain’t your thang, use your imagination and grab a different hue. (via House to Home)
2. Painted Tablecloth: Just a bit of fabric paint and a paintbrush will help you take your tablecloth from drab to fab. (via A Subtle Revelry)
3. Colorful Crotchet Tablecloth: This DIY requires you dye antique doilies. We love old-to-new projects. (via A Subtle Revelry)
4. Polka Dot Tablecloth: Just try to guess what kind of stamp made those circles. You’ll never guess. It’s a potato. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Veggie Dyed Tablecloth: Using veggies as dye is probably the ultimate eco-friendly project. This gorgeous color is from red onions and turnips. (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. Painted Floral Tablecloth: With this project, you actually paint directly on the drop cloth. Backwards, we know. (via Oh Happy Day)
7. Geometric Paper Tablecloth: If you can glue, you can do this project, because this tablecloth is made completely out of paper. (via May Dae)
8. Confetti Tablecloth: Put some confetti in your everyday meals with this bright, spotty tablecloth. (via Oh Happy Day)
9. Scalloped Tablecloth: Before you look at it and decide you never could, what if we told you that this is a no-sew DIY? (via Sugar and Cloth)
10. Pom Pom Tablecloth: Glue some pom poms on your tablecloth and you have instant party. (via A Bubbly Life)
11. Striped Tablecloth: This DIY is so easy, you’ll want to make one for every single holiday. (via Say Yes)
12. Ombre Tablecloth: An ombre tablecloth? Oh, we are all over that. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
13. Bunting Tablecloth: While paper bunting is fun, we’ll happily trade it in for this tablecloth. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
Do you have your own DIY tablecloth story? Tell us all about it below!