If you haven’t heard, turmeric is having a golden moment. The yellow spice has been dominating our Pinterest and Instagram feeds, and for good reason! This spice has been recognized for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine for its ability to reduce inflammation (the root of all disease), heal digestive issues, regulate blood sugar and even shrink belly fat. If you aren’t sure how to incorporate it into your diet, the elixir golden milk comes in a tasty trifecta of turmeric, coconut milk and honey. What’s not to love? While this started as a hot drink trend, we’re seeing golden milk in everything from smoothies to oatmeal to donuts and even ice cream. Here are 16 recipes that prove golden milk is the easiest and tastiest health hack ever.
1. Turmeric Ginger Colada Smoothie: This golden milk smoothie packed with fresh pineapple and banana tastes exactly like a piña colada. Nothing this healthy has ever tasted this good. (via Connoisseurus Veg)
2. Golden Milk Vegan Ice Cream: If you’re into making your own ice cream, you’re going to love this coconut milk version. Bonus: Add ginger candy chunks for a sweet peppery surprise in every bite. (via Minimalist Baker)
3. Golden Milk Ice Cream Float: This is for the vegans in the house! A creamy indulgent golden milk float is topped with creamy cashew ice cream and a delectable drizzle of tahini-caramel sauce. (via May I Have That Recipe)
5. Golden Milk Popsicle: These pops are the perfect icy treat, and you won’t need an ice cream maker. Filled with tasty cardamom, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, they’re also GF and vegan. (via Food, Pleasure & Health)
6. Vegan Baked Golden Milk Donuts: These healthy baked donuts are topped with coconut cream frosting and a sprinkle of yellow coconut that’s been dyed using turmeric. They’re as festive and fun to look at as they are to eat. (via Diary of an ExSloth)
7. Healthy No Bake High Protein Golden Milk Bites: Loaded with superfood spices, these quick and easy health bites are naturally vegan, paleo, GF, DF and refined sugar-free. Pop a few in your lunch bag to combat the four o’clock slump. (via The Big Man’s World)
8. Dark Chocolate Golden Milk Macaroons: Inspired by the wonderful flavors of golden milk, these macaroons call for shredded coconut and coconut oil. They’re blended with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and black pepper, then sweetened with maple syrup. Whatever you do, don’t forget the drizzle of chocolate! (via Minimalist Baker)
9. Golden Milk Overnight Oats: Guess what happens when you let oats sit overnight in golden milk? Delicious healthy things. You won’t even think of skipping breakfast with this treat to greet you in the morning. (via The Kitchn)
10. Golden Turmeric Yogurt Bowl: Inspired by golden milk, this breakfast bowl is a quick and easy way to incorporate turmeric into your everyday eating. Coconut yogurt that’s lightly spiced with a bit of sweet is paired with some delicious seasonal fruits. (via Homespun Capers)
11. Golden Milk Turmeric Smoothie: This four-ingredient smoothie makes a great breakfast on the run. Kefir, mangoes and bananas are blended with golden turmeric powder for a breakfast drink that will have you glowing from the inside out. (via Love & Zest)
12. Tropical Turmeric Golden Milk Vegan Smoothie: This tropical drink is made from blended bananas, papaya, mango, coconut milk and turmeric with a dash of black pepper. Pro tip: The black pepper makes the turmeric more effective. (via Cotter Crunch)
13. Turmeric Golden Milk Tea: Move over chai latte! Based on the original drink that started it all, this recipe gives you the option of using cashew, almond or coconut milk and the sweetener of your choice. Tip: Stir in a spoonful of coconut oil if you want some more healthy fat. (via Delightful Mom Food)
15. Golden Milk Cocoa: This recipe takes things a step further with the addition of cocoa powder. Bonus: A dash of ashwagandha powder will lower stress hormones, so you can relax and say “Om.” (via TheKitchn)
16. Golden Milk Iced Coffee: Just in time for summer, this cold coffee drink with turmeric will help you power through your morning without breaking a sweat. Try adding chia seeds to thicken it up the healthy way. (via The First Mess)
Are you swooning over these golden milk recipes? There’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.