Packing your new mom survival kit can be a daunting task. And if you’re one of those last minute people, it’s easy to forget the essentials that will get you (and your baby) through your overnight stay. No matter where you’ve decided to have your baby, or when that little guy or gal decides to come, we’ve handpicked a few must-have items to help make your hospital stay a little more comfortable. Plan ahead and pack your bag, so you can focus on welcoming your new little bundle of joy.
1. Triple C for JCrew Universal Charger ($40): To ensure you can make those first phone calls and pepper every social platform with some oh-so adorable newborn pics, pack a pint-sized portable charger. Styled with clean geometric shapes and color schemes, this gizmo should definitely be on standby for the big day.
2. Bamboobies Nursing Pads and Nipple Balm ($35): They don’t take up much space and really come in handy when your milk starts-a-flowing. Made of ultra soft bamboo rayon and organic cotton velour, these unique nursing pads don’t show through or leak. Boobease nipple balm is made of 100 percent organic oils and healing herbs, keeping things soft and healthy while you breastfeed.
3. Labor Socks ($10): With all sorts of new sensations running on high octane, one common labor complaint is cold feet. Cozy socks are essential and tend to be the one thing mamas-to-be wish they had in their bag.
4. Receiving Blanket ($10): Made at slightly larger dimensions than the average blanket, this cotton flannel receiver will last for months after your little one arrives. Choose from an array of beautiful, custom designs to welcome your baby in style and comfort.
5. Boppy Gift Set ($60): Not only is this a perfect baby shower gift, but it’s a must-have for added breastfeeding comfort. Equipped with an extra hat, bib and burp cloth, you won’t be left empty-handed if your hospital stay extends longer than expected.
6. Kate Spade Cosmetics Case ($88): With your new baby in hand, it’s easy to forget that hot mama needs a little lovin’ too. After a long, hard labor, breathe new life into your face while taking those first post-birth selfies, and spoil yourself with a new playful makeup bag. Just don’t forget the makeup.
7. Nursing Sleep Shirt ($20): This loose-fitting, oversized nursing and sleep shirt will be your new best friend after baby’s born. Plus the “Baby Love” graphic is more than appropriate.
8. Custom Infant Take Home Layette Set ($42): Available in your choice of colors and words, this charming little number has photo-op written all over it. Made of 100 percent cotton, the set includes a layette gown, itty bitty beanie and a pair of super soft cotton blend leg warmers.
9. Bliss Sinkside Travel Pack ($28): Feel fresh and ready to go with this blissful mini travel set. It’s easy to pack and comes with all of your shower essentials bundled in its own little waterproof tote. Includes a fabulous foaming face wash, lemon and sage soapy suds, body butter, shampoo and conditioner.
10. Mommy Daddy Couples Pillowcases ($20): Hospital pillows aren’t exactly known for their 5-star quality, so if you want a happy head you’ll have to bring your own. Prep yourself with welcoming parents-to-be pillowcases that add an extra bit of home to your hospital room.
11. The Honest Company Diaper Pack ($14): Made of 100% eco-friendly plant-based materials and no chemicals, these diapers won’t harm your baby’s new, tender skin. The Honest Company offers a plethora of cute colors and patterns that change with the seasons. And for less than $20 a week, bundle up and get a monthly supply of diapers and wipes delivered straight to your door.
12. Jawbone Jambox Wireless Bluetooth Speaker ($109): One of Brit + Co’s favorite products ever. Seamlessly stream your birthing music from anywhere. With up to 10 hours of power, this portable speaker hooks up to phones, computers, tablets, iPods or any other Bluetooth device.
13. Postpartum Disposable Underwear ($26): Any mom will tell you that postpartum recovery is no place for cute undies, but we disagree! With your body already feeling less than comfortable and trying to get itself back in order, stock up on these colorful, elastic-free undies. They’re even equipped with secret pouches for some heavenly ice packs.
14. The Capri Jumper ($168): Leave the hospital in style and comfort with this slip-on onesie designed for your bump and beyond. Made from peony cotton, a nice alternative to its silk counterparts, this jumpsuit is perfect for those cooler transition months.
15. Starstruck Organic Swaddle ($26): From wrapping your new bundle to covering up while nursing, the versatility of a swaddle blanket is amazing. It also doubles as a car window cover to block the sun from baby.
16. The “Big Day” Deluxe Bag ($50): Custom made for moms, this bag fits all of your hospital essentials and comes equipped with those much needed necessities like deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and more.
17. The Push Pack ($45): If you are anything like the rest of the procrastinating world, then this is the perfect carry-along. Packed with everything from maxi-pads to playing cards, it’s a great baby shower gift for every new mom.
What will you be bringing to the hospital on your big day? Let us know what must-have items will get you through your stay in the comments below or on Twitter.