10 Must-Have Pregnancy Apps to Keep Track of Your Bump
You have some pretty exciting months ahead of you. Things are also going to get crazy busy — more frequent doctor appointments, hacking your wardrobe as your belly grows, not to mention getting the nest ready for the new arrival. When you pair that whirlwind of a schedule with the onset of pregnant brain (which we’re afraid never quite goes away), well, things can get kinda crazy. Fret not. These pregnancy apps are here to help you keep track of things and make your journey a little easier.
1. The Bump: The newly redesigned app from The Bump is flat out gorgeous. Besides including week-by-week development info and expert articles, it gives you access to their fantastic community. What is a better resource than fellow women wondering how to stop those stretch marks from getting bigger? (Free on iOS, previous version free on Android)
2. Cinemama: Keep track of that beautiful growing belly with this app created by March of Dimes. You’ll be able to make a fun keepsake video, complete with your own soundtrack. It also features a diary where you can log milestones, cravings and musings. (Free on iOS)
3. Prenatal Pilates: This cool Pilates coach addresses alignment and postural changes that occur during pregnancy. With programs targeted to each pregnancy trimester and postpartum, it’s a great tool to help get your body ready for delivery and reconnect with your body after baby arrives. (Free on iOS)
4. BabyList Baby Registry: You don’t have to stick to one registry anymore (or drive everyone crazy with four different ones). Create the ultimate baby registry by aggregating everything you need — from that cute handmade mobile you saw on Etsy to your doula. (Free on iOS and Android)
5. Glow Nurture: Just launched on July 17th, this newborn app is the stunning follow up to Glow’s fertility and period tracking app. It’s a beautifully designed pregnancy companion with tons of useful info. Keep track of everything from baby’s size to doctor’s appointments or even kegels performed. (Free on iOS)
6. Pregnancy Food Guide: You’ve got the basic blacklisted items covered (see ya later, dear Brie!), but this handy app will help you navigate the foods you’re unsure about, as well as give you lots of great info about nutritional benefits and help put shopping lists together. ($4.99 on iOS, on sale for $0.99 on Android)
7. Sprout Pregnancy Essentials: A physician-recommended app that aims to be a personalized guide to your pregnancy, Sprout is packed with advice from moms and obstetricians on everything from hospital bag checklist to baby’s development. It allows you to choose a name to track your baby’s progress in the womb and provides gender-specific information and images. ($3.99 on iOS.)
8. My Contractions: As the big day gets close, you may start feeling contractions. Wait, are those real? What was that about Braxton Hicks? This tool will help you keep track of what’s going on and show your progress with lovely graphics and charts. (Free on iOS, similar app free on Android)
9. Houzz Kids’ Rooms: Are you obsessed with Houzz? We hear you. Now you can have some fun with their kid-centric app and plan every aspect of baby’s room. Get inspired with design advice from the pros to create a magical space for your wee one! (Free on iOS)
10. Baby Names: You may spend hours on this one. With popularity archives dating to the 1880s (back when John and Mary where #1), this is as close to a baby name encyclopedia as it gets. Search by origin, get meaning info and keep track of your favorites. (Free on iOS and Android)
What pregnancy app can’t you live without? Tell us, tell us!
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.