10 Must-Have Pregnancy Apps to Keep Track of Your Bump
You have some pretty exciting months ahead of you. Things are also going to get crazy busy — more frequent doctor appointments, hacking your wardrobe as your belly grows, not to mention getting the nest ready for the new arrival. When you pair that whirlwind of a schedule with the onset of pregnant brain (which we’re afraid never quite goes away), well, things can get kinda crazy. Fret not. These pregnancy apps are here to help you keep track of things and make your journey a little easier.
1. The Bump: The newly redesigned app from The Bump is flat out gorgeous. Besides including week-by-week development info and expert articles, it gives you access to their fantastic community. What is a better resource than fellow women wondering how to stop those stretch marks from getting bigger? (Free on iOS, previous version free on Android)
2. Cinemama: Keep track of that beautiful growing belly with this app created by March of Dimes. You’ll be able to make a fun keepsake video, complete with your own soundtrack. It also features a diary where you can log milestones, cravings and musings. (Free on iOS)
3. Prenatal Pilates: This cool Pilates coach addresses alignment and postural changes that occur during pregnancy. With programs targeted to each pregnancy trimester and postpartum, it’s a great tool to help get your body ready for delivery and reconnect with your body after baby arrives. (Free on iOS)
4. BabyList Baby Registry: You don’t have to stick to one registry anymore (or drive everyone crazy with four different ones). Create the ultimate baby registry by aggregating everything you need — from that cute handmade mobile you saw on Etsy to your doula. (Free on iOS and Android)
5. Glow Nurture: Just launched on July 17th, this newborn app is the stunning follow up to Glow’s fertility and period tracking app. It’s a beautifully designed pregnancy companion with tons of useful info. Keep track of everything from baby’s size to doctor’s appointments or even kegels performed. (Free on iOS)
6. Pregnancy Food Guide: You’ve got the basic blacklisted items covered (see ya later, dear Brie!), but this handy app will help you navigate the foods you’re unsure about, as well as give you lots of great info about nutritional benefits and help put shopping lists together. ($4.99 on iOS, on sale for $0.99 on Android)
7. Sprout Pregnancy Essentials: A physician-recommended app that aims to be a personalized guide to your pregnancy, Sprout is packed with advice from moms and obstetricians on everything from hospital bag checklist to baby’s development. It allows you to choose a name to track your baby’s progress in the womb and provides gender-specific information and images. ($3.99 on iOS.)
8. My Contractions: As the big day gets close, you may start feeling contractions. Wait, are those real? What was that about Braxton Hicks? This tool will help you keep track of what’s going on and show your progress with lovely graphics and charts. (Free on iOS, similar app free on Android)
9. Houzz Kids’ Rooms: Are you obsessed with Houzz? We hear you. Now you can have some fun with their kid-centric app and plan every aspect of baby’s room. Get inspired with design advice from the pros to create a magical space for your wee one! (Free on iOS)
10. Baby Names: You may spend hours on this one. With popularity archives dating to the 1880s (back when John and Mary where #1), this is as close to a baby name encyclopedia as it gets. Search by origin, get meaning info and keep track of your favorites. (Free on iOS and Android)
What pregnancy app can’t you live without? Tell us, tell us!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.