For some brides, a picture-perfect traditional white wedding dress is the very definition of “I do” style. Other brides, however, throw tradition aside for colorful dresses that reflect their own unique look and carefree spirit. We think both options are pretty special, so it was only natural that we would fall in love with the newest trend to hit the bridal market — ombre bridal gowns. From subtly blended hues to eye-popping dip-dyed wedding dresses, there’s a little something for every bride, in every color of the spectrum. Feast your eyes upon an array of gradient goodness — these dresses might just inspire the wedding of your dreams.
1. Fairytale: The subtle blend of neutral colors in this bridal masterpiece lends a touch of whimsy to an overall graceful look. This bride looks as elegant as a princess straight from a fairytale, plus a healthy dose of haute couture artistry.
2. Lace: We are totally smitten with this dainty feminine dress. This beautiful gown boasts a delicate silhouette and a subtle ombre fade that is breathtaking. Notice the way the pigment corresponds to the texture of the fabric, giving the impression that where the lace accumulates, so does the color. It’s an artful way to incorporate color into your wedding dress.
3. Marie Antoinette-Inspired: Marie Antoinette was the epitome of French decadence and glamour, making her the perfect muse for this wedding gown. The ornate look features a quirky boutique vibe without sacrificing class. We can picture Marie herself frolicking outdoors in an extravagant gown like this.
4. Soft Pink: The soft-pink color in this gown is giving us major ballerina vibes. This ombre style is subtle enough that it balances the dress’s dramatic silhouette and is softened by the tulle for an overall dreamy look.
5. Hidden Ombre: This is a gorgeous way to include both the appeal of a traditional white wedding dress and a quirky pop of color. It’s perfect for a complex bride with as many layers as the wedding cake.
6. Tiered Perfection: This wedding dress is as beautiful as it is unique. The form-fitting lace bodice billows out into decadent layers of fabric, building in color as it builds in texture. The overall effect is stunning from top to bottom.
7. Runway Bride: Holy ombre! This gown is ready for the runway. Christian Siriano’s pink ombre masterpiece is perfect for a bride looking to make a major statement.
8. Lavender: This extravagant look is softened by a gradual blend from true white into a soft pink-lavender. Bonus points for the way her veil plays into the overall look.
9. Dip-Dyed Pink: The dip-dyed look adds a burst of color to just the ends of your dress. This nontraditional look is especially versatile because it allows you to incorporate color into your wedding dress without it being obvious in every picture.
10. Dip-Dyed Gray: We like to think of this dip-dyed gray look as adding a touch of defiance to a bride’s style. The dress is classic and beautiful, and the pigment at the ends adds its own touch of moody glamour.
11. Dip-Dyed Orange: The burst of color at the bottom of this true white dress would be perfect for a tropical destination wedding. The top of the dress features a conservative design that is juxtaposed with the fun-and-trendy burst of orange, giving this bride an air of undeniable spunk along with her picture-perfect beauty.
12. Dip-Dyed Sunset: We’re dying over how perfectly this bride rocks her statement wedding gown. In all white, the dress would be the very picture of a traditional bridal gown. Instead, it’s dip-dyed with vibrant purples, magentas, reds and yellows that blend into a stunning sunset-like ombre. This bride mastered the look, even coordinating the colors in her dress to match her hair and bouquet.
Would you try out this new trend in bridal fashion? Let us know on Pinterest!