As lovers of design and nostalgia, we can’t help but wonder if Pantone’s choice of Emerald as the color of the year has anything to do with the emerald city, and this year’s cinematic journey into the story of Oz The Great and Powerful.
That’s why when the folks at Disney asked us how we might throw the ultimate Oz party, we jumped at the opportunity. Get ready for 15 projects inspired by balloons, emeralds, and, of course, the yellow brick road.
1. Watch the “Oz The Great and Powerful” Trailer: After all, any good Oz-themed party starts with knowing what exactly you’re getting into. This trailer has SO. MUCH. COLOR!
2. Tons of Colorful Balloons: Next up, balloons! Parties are always better with balloons, and with enough helium you just might fly yourself to Oz. (via Brit + Co.)
3. Oz Cakes: How incredible are these cakes? (via Catch My Party)
4. Light Bulb Hot Air Balloons: Such a cute way to repurpose all those burnt out lightbulbs. This could make a super cute garland or wedding decoration too! (via Rook No. 17)
5. Pantone Emerald Swag: Gotta get your design cred – stock up on Pantone mugs, iPhone cases, notebooks, and more. (via Pantone)
6. Hot Air Balloon + Lollipop Cookies: So sweet! (via Paper Chick)
7. Paper Poppies: Remember that field of irresistible poppies? Bring them to your tablescape with this easy DIY on paper flowers. (via French Home Made)
8. Book Purse: Got an old book cover lying around? Turn it into a purse! (via ChickLitDesigns on Etsy)
9. Oz-Inspired Travel Posters: To set an awesome Oz (Oz-some?) mood, snatch up a couple of these gorgeously designed travel posters straight from Emerald City. (via Steve Thomas)
10. Color Wheel Cake: The more color the better, especially in Oz. (via Brit + Co.)
11. Oz-Inspired Nails: Leave it to OPI to come up with a collection of Oz-inspired polish. Loving all the sparkles! (via Refinery29)
12. Paper Lantern Hot Air Balloons: Another take on DIY hot air balloon decor, these colorful lanterns add a bit of whimsy to any room. (via The Joyeful Journey)
13. Oz Text in Poster Form: The entire story of Oz in poster form? Yes. This is real. (via BBKK)
14. Glow Cotton Candy: There are few things in this world better than cotton candy. Incandescent cotton candy? That’s tough to top. And yes, you might remember this sweetness from our post on a colorful NYE and our favorite LED DIY projects. (Photo via Fat Boys Finish Last)
15. DIY Bubbles: Last, bubbles! Create DIY bubble tins for all of your guests and recreate the dreamy nature of Oz’s arrival in… Oz! Bonus points for those adorable pink cupcakes. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
Are you excited about checking out Oz The Great and Powerful? What other movies are you psyched about this spring? Talk to us in the comments below!
This post is a collaboration with Disney.