Grilling season is here! And we’re all about putting just about anything on the barbie we can dream up. As it turns out, so are a lot of our fellow foodies. Here are a dozen things you never knew you could grill.
1. Cinnamon Orange Vanilla Grilled French Toast: Yum. For real. This vegan french toast varietal just got added to our must-grill list. (via Lunchbox Bunch)
2. Grilled Avocado: As if avocado wasn’t already delicious enough, now you can grill it. Add a little salt, pepper and a sprinkle of olive oil and get ready for some smoked avo goodness. (via Pink Stripes)
3. Grilled Lemonade: What? Yes. Grilled citrus is delicious, smokey and super sweet. (via The Veg Life)
4. Greek Grilled Lasagna: Want to know how to win your next camping trip? Make lasagna, and wait for applause. (via Oprah)
5. Old-Fashioned Grilled Peach Pie: Whether you’re grilling on an itty bitty balcony or in the middle of the woods, a batch of ‘cued hand pies are a must. (via Oprah)
6. Grilled Watermelon with Smoked Salt and Jalapeño Rings: Grilled watermelon isn’t brand spanking new, but it’s something you have to try if you haven’t already! (via Boulder Locavore)
7. Grilled Nectarine Salad: We love adding juicy fruits to our salads so a grilled nectarine half is right up our alley. (via The Pioneer Woman)
8. Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries: Meet your new favorite 5-minute dessert hack. (via Kitchen Runway)
9. Grilled Peach Salsa: Fruity salsas are here to stay, but this grilled variety adds a special something to the typical peach salsa. (via PBS)
10. Grilled Cucumbers with Creamy Pickled Feta Dip: Cukes? Grilled? Yes. (via She Likes Food)
11. Grilled Apricot, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad: This mouthwatering salad could be the sleeper winner at your next backyard dinner party. (via The Kosher Spoon)
12. Grilled Candy Bars: And finally, a hack straight from state fairs everywhere. Wrap a tortilla around a candy bar… and grill it. (via Delish)
What unusual things have you grilled in the past? Talk to us in the comments below.