10 Fun And Funky iPhone Docks
If you're as tethered to your iPhone as we are, giving it a solid charge while not in use is important. But even the most functional products in the home should feature great design. Here, 10 alternatives to a traditional Apple docking station. (Bonus: all would look great enhanced with a friendship cord!)
1. Book Charger ($52-$54) If you didn't catch this awesome item as one of the 11 Book-Inspired Home Decor Ideas, take a look now. Each charger is made from a used book, perfect for a bedside table. The cord is hidden within the book's pages, giving it a clean silhouette. And there's a book for any personality, from the recently-released Steve Jobs biography to the whimsical and girly Alice in Wonderland, pictured above.
2. XDModo Solar Window Charger ($65) Some solar chargers are clunky, but not this one. Its sleek design mounts directly to the window for maximum sun exposure.
3. Ozaki iSuppli Gramo iPhone Charger ($70) This is part-charger, part speaker, and all awesome. Your phone charges while placed on the dock, and the gramaphone-style speaker amplifies sound naturally — no power required. It comes in three colors: white, red, and black.
4. Areaware Alarm Dock ($40) We loved it before and still can't get enough. Sleek, simple, wooden and pretty, this dock is made to mimic a traditional flip-style alarm clock. It's made to cradle, display, and charge your phone. Download a flip clock app for maximum vintage style.
5. Wine Barrel iPhone Dock ($65) This dock is made from a used wine barrel — close to our hearts! Small stainless steel feet allow for cord space under the dock.
6. MP3 Alarm Clock Docking Station ($60) Retro design meets modern technology with this dock, shaped as an old-school alarm clock. The dock is also a working alarm clock (nine-minute snooze option included!), and contains speakers to wake you to your favorite tunes.
7. Repurposed Reclaimed Granite Dock ($39) Made from reclaimed granite rock, these docks are all different and avialable with rough edges or super-smooth, depending on your asthetic. Super-classy, nice and heavy, this dock — quite literally — rocks.
8. Day Maker Dock and Charger Sadly, this dock is still just in concept stage, but it's too great to skip. The Day Maker mimics a traditional toaster and combines alarm functionality with a phone charger. To charge your phone at night, push it down like you would a piece of bread into a toaster. Set a wake-up time, and your phone pops up to wake you. To use the snooze function, just push it back down. Fun!
9. Big Spiked Green Dino Dock ($47) This one-of-a-kind Etsy find injects just enough whimsy and humor to your space. Made from a solid wood base and a model dinosaur, the dock includes base and cord.
10. Elevation Dock You may have heard of this little Kickstarter project that raised over $1 million in record time. The dock itself is stunning, construted from aluminum, and solves a lot of the problems of the traditional dock. Your phone easliy releases when you pull it up, and even easily accommodates a phone still in its case. And, once produced, it'll come in a variety of colors and finishes. Can't wait until this one hits the market.
How do you charge your iPhone? Share your creative ideas below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)