We Asked, You Answered: 10 Must-Have Kitchen Gadgets
I’ve been on the hunt for a new kitchen gadgets lately, and had a hunch that some of you might be willing to share of your favorites. So last week I turned to all of you on Twitter and Facebook to discover the latest and greatest in the kitchen. I was blown away by the number of responses. Brit readers definitely know their kitchen gadgets! Here are 10 of your must-haves. (And be sure to check out our shortcut chef series for some of our evergreen favorites!)
1. JuiceLab ($18): At the top of the list is the JuiceLab. The JuiceLab is not an ordinary citrus juicer. The reamer (juicer) is super sturdy making it easy to juice the citrus of your choice. It then stores up to five ounces of juice, without catching the gross pulp. We love that the flask-like bottom has a very “science of cooking” design.
2. Joseph Joseph Rocker Garlic Crusher ($15): Next up is the Rocker Garlic Crusher. Our readers tell us this is tool is “way more efficient than a standard garlic press”. Simply lay it onto a garlic clove, and rock it back and forth. Voilà, you have minced garlic. Our favorite part of the Rocker is that it’s super easy to clean — an absolute must when tackling a major recipe.
3. Bamix ($200): If you’ve never used an immersion blender before, it’s totally worth the investment. There are tons of great dishes that you can make with this high-powered gadget. From soup to smoothies, and salsa to aioli, an immersion blender makes life in the kitchen easier. Our readers say the Bamix Immersion Blender is worth the investment, even if it’s on the more expensive end of immersion blenders.
4. Vitamix ($498): While we’re on the topic of blending, the Vitamix is the all the rage right now. Despite the high price tag, tons of you guys said that the Vitamix is your very favorite kitchen gadget. Some of you even said you use it every day! It’s an incredibly powerful blender that is considered restaurant quality. Get ready for perfect margaritas, delicious soups, and creamy smoothies.
5. Easy-Store Whisk ($14): For some of us kitchen storage can be a major issue. There are tons of great tools and gadgets, but they all require space. This easy-store whisk gives you back a little bit of kitchen storage. It’s a sturdy stainless steel whisk that fits all your baking needs. Then when you’re done, it flattens to easily fit in a drawer.
6. DIY Hexagon Small Spice Rack ($43): This DIY Hexagon Spice Rack is one our favorites recommendations. Stick these magnetic spice jars on your fridge to save precious space in the kitchen. We also love that they use our favorite shape — the hexagon. You can pick these up on sale at Fab right now.
7. Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter ($25): This next kitchen gadget is perfect for the pizza loving Star Trekkers out there. That’s right, it’s the Star Trek Enterprise Pizza Cutter. It’s made of laser-etched stainless steel, which we think is very fitting. Get ready for your pizza to boldly go where no pizza has gone before.
9. 12-inch Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Skillet ($19): From pancakes to roasted chicken many classic recipes taste best in a cast-iron skillet. One of our readers called out the “12-inch Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Skillet” as being “so versatile and only $18”. That’s a rad price point for such a useful skillet. It’s important to remember that you can’t clean cast iron with soap. Water and a good sponge should do the trick.
10. Yonanas Ice Cream Treat Maker ($50): Last but not least is the Yonanas Ice Cream Maker. This is the perfect kitchen gadget for the fro-yo fan. It turns frozen fruit into yummy soft-serve ice cream. Just drop your favorite frozen fruit down the Yonanas shoot, and out comes a frozen treat.
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.