11 Beauty Essentials to Pack for Your Honeymoon
Packing for any trip can be a whirlwind, but even more so before you say I do: When you’ve got a million things going on for your wedding, who has the time to plan out those selfie-ready honeymoon looks? To help with your vacay beauty, we came up with the essential products you’ll need to make that just-wed glowing skin look Instagram-perfect, no matter where you’re headed. Read on and pack them before the big day — you’ll thank us later, when you have one less thing to worry about.
1. Coppertone Clearly Sheer Whipped Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 ($10): We love the light mousse texture of this sunscreen; it absorbs easily and leaves skin with a glorious sheen. Even though it’s not carry-on friendly, you’ll be glad you’ve got extra, since docs recommend rubbing on enough formula to fill a shot glass for each application.
2. Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Hydration Delivery System ($35): A change in climate and a long flight can do a number on your skin, leaving it feeling tight and parched. Reboot with a hydrating mist like this one that has skin-softening ingredients of bamboo sap, lotus, and green tea extracts that keep your skin’s moisture levels in check.
3. Kleenex Exfoliating Cushions ($10): These cushy dual-sided pads — the blue side is for scrubbing, the white one for buffing — will keep up that just-married glow anywhere, anytime. They foam up with water, so toss one into your bag to use after a long flight or day on the beach.
4. Milani Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting Concealer ($9): This easily packable tube with a spongey, rounded tip is the antidote for puffy raccoon eyes that come from a combo of wedding celebrations and jet lag. Use it for a quick touch-up under your eyes as you land (the light-reflecting filters will rejuvenate blah skin) and keep it on hand whenever you need to brighten up.
5. Soap & Paper Factory Classic Petite Hand Cream Set ($45): Rubbing on a dollop of this coconut oil-based cream is like giving your hands a spa treatment; it softens and soothes while preserving your bridal mani. This set of five TSA-approved hand cream tubes comes in uplifting scents like jasmine and lemon verbena, look oh-so pretty in a tote, and will take you through your travels and beyond.
6. Pinrose Petal Packs ($24, set of 20): One of the problems of toting fragrance along is the packaging; a spritz bottle is too heavy, while a glass rollerball could break en route. These genius wipes make perfume on the fly a whole lot easier — just wipe on pulse points and toss when you’re done. Can’t figure out which aroma is your fave? The customization pack lets you pick from 14 different scents, so there’ll be plenty to choose from.
7. Accompany Block Printed Cosmetics Bag ($30): You’ll need a swanky carry-all to stash your stuff in, and this one is fun and fresh. Each bag is hand-blocked by local craftspeople in Jaipur, India, and your purchase supports their business. It’s also a great clutch: Use it to tote sunscreen at the pool, and a phone and lipstick at night.
8. Origins Flower Fusion Jasmine Softening Sheet Mask ($7): A sheet mask is the best way to pep up post-wedding skin. This one uses bamboo fibers and is infused with fragrant jasmine flower wax (known to be super emollient) to soften and hydrate a dull, dried-out complexion.
9. Nunzio Saviano Anti-Frizz Sheets ($18): These frizz-fighting sheets are the ultimate hair heroes. Coconut oil smooths erratic strands, adds a bit of moisture, and prevents static, while UV filters protect color from fading in the sun. Use them during your travels and whenever you need a quick touch-up.
10. Vita Liberata Trystal Pressed Self-Tanning Bronzing Minerals ($35): Preserve that wedding spray tan throughout your vacay with this easy-to-apply mineral compact. Dust it with a kabuki brush on your face, neck, and décolletage; the self-tanning ingredients will give you a subtle glow that lasts.
11. Laneige Pore Care Trial Kit ($25): Even if you’re far from a spa, your honeymoon is the perf time to give your skin a facial. This mini skincare set (enough to last through two weeks) gives you five DIY essentials — mask, cleanser, moisturizer, toner, and serum — to get your pores tight, purified, and healthy-looking.
Have a favorite beauty travel essential? Tweet it to us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.