12 ’90s Hairstyles to Rock After Coachella
There’s no escaping the fact that the ’90s are back, and we’re kinda obsessed, especially after a long Coachella weekend filled with those too-cute double-bun hairstyles. While you’re dusting off your Doc Martens and bringing back those staple ‘90s chokers, you could also use some ’90s-era hair inspo! Whether you’re looking to rock the zig zag part trend or to re-embrace your high school grunge style, scroll through these 12 retro ‘dos and find the perfect way to relive this rad throwback look.
1. Baby Bangs: Cool gals, rejoice — this ‘90s grunge style is back, with a modern edge. Rock Drew Barrymore’s old-school ‘do with super straight locks for a look with an almost futuristic feel.
My So-Called Life knows that, although we idolized Angela’s cool red dye job, the real ‘do to envy was that of her flighty BFF Rayanne. Capture her grungy bad-girl style with these engraved hair charms incorporated into your braids.
3. Box Braids: Even though box braids have been around forever, there’s no denying the fact that Brandy’s late-’90s ‘do put this look on center stage. An added bonus: These tiny braids are perfect for protecting your hair from the summer heat.
4. Crimped Hair: The evidence is mounting. After Gigi Hadid posted a pic of her big, blonde and totally crimped hair back in 2014, many of us have been struck by the haunting thought: Is crimping back?
5. Double Buns: After a long, hot Coachella weekend, one thing has become abundantly clear: Double buns are pretty much the style of the summer. Accent this style with glitter roots and you’ll be on-trend all season long.
6. Bubble Braid: Not only is this a crazy easy ‘90s style, but this look is also perfect for Disney fans (princess Jasmine, anyone?). Simply separate a high pony with small elastics to give yourself this sleek and voluminous mane.
7. Mini Buns: One (or two) buns not enough? Take the twisty style to the next level a la Gwen Stefani with a fun and quirky multi-bun ‘do.
8. Urban Outfitters Illusion Hair Comb Barrette ($16): Reinvent Cher Horowitz’s killer date night look with this softly parted style. Simply swap out her ‘90s floral barrette for a gold hair comb to bring the look into 2016 territory.
9. ASOS Mini Hair Claws ($7): Remember those cute little butterfly clips? Throw back to the late ‘90s Lizzie McGuire style with this modified version of a childhood favorite.
10. Topsy Tail: Did the topsy tail ever even go out of style? Add this elegant ponytail hack to your workweek hair rotation, pairing it with a fishtail braid to give it a modern, romantic feel.
11. Zig Zag Part: Straight parts are so overrated. Give your hair some extra dimension with this lazy girl-friendly parted style.
12. ASOS Accordion Hair Band ($6): Ditch your preppy headband and go for a look with a little more edge. The accordion headband is *the* perfect accessory to merge then-and-now trends.
View this post on Instagram
#hotd A simple half-up style for today. A topsy-tail into a fishtail braid with waves from last night's braid. #hairstyles #hairinspiration #lrhairstyles #notjustaponytail #braids #halfupstyle #fishtailbraid #topsytail #braidsforgirls #braidsforlittlegirls #hairstylesforlittlegirls #hairstylesforgirls #easyhairstyles #hairideasforgirls #instahair #easybraids #churchhair #sundayhair #longhair #blondehair #momhair
A post shared by Little Girl Hairstyle Ideas (@l_r_hairstyles) on