12 Recipes that Will Be the Apple of Your Eye
We’re kind of obsessed with apple goodies for fall. No, not that Apple, although that’s pretty cool too. We’re talking about the crisp, refreshing, tart but sweet fruit that shows up in all varieties of pies, tarts, and cakes this time of year. We’ve rounded up 12 delicious and creative ways to serve up some autumn-y goodness in apple form.
1. Apple Pie Cookies: As much as we love apple pie (which is a lot), it’s not always the most convenient treat to grab when we’re craving something sweet. These cookies are just as delicious but so much easier to gobble up. (Recipe and photo: Tracey’s Culinary Adventures)
2. Caramel Apple Cheesecake Brownies: Seriously, just saying the name of these treats gets us drooling. These are a perfectly decadent treat for a special day. (Recipe and photo: Beth Michelle)
4. Sage, Apple, and Cheddar Scones: We’re loving these savory fall scones.The incredibly flavorful mixture of sage, fresh apples, and sharp cheddar makes these a must for your autumn table. (Recipe and photo: Buried Carrots)
6. Stuffed French Toast with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Apples: This is our kind of breakfast. We really didn’t think french toast could get much better, but the addition of apples, goat cheese, and bacon makes it possible. (Recipe and photo: Home is Where the Cookies Are)
8. Apple Caramel Cupcakes: We couldn’t resist including these adorably decorated cupcakes that just scream fall. Not only are they super cute, but they’ve got the incredible flavor combo of apple and caramel. Yum! (Recipe and photo: alanabread)
10. Apple Mojito Pie Bites: These mini cocktail-flavored pies feature a few of our favorite ingredients: apples, lime, mint, and rum. Amazing! (Recipe and photo: Chasing Delicious)
12. Parsnip and Apple Soup: This warm and creamy soup is the perfect way to get cozy on a chilly fall night. Plus you can make it ahead and freeze it for a quick dinner. (Recipe and photo: It’s Not About the Recipe)
How do you like them apples? ;) How do you plan on embracing the apple this fall? Let us know in the comments below or talk to us over on Twitter.