15 New Year’s Eve Nail Designs for Every Party
Nothing can make you feel more dressed and ready than a really perfect manicure. While some of us prefer straight-up solids, there are some really fun and adventurous choices for those of us who are into having fun, party-ready nails. Once Christmas comes to an end and we say goodbye to our ugly Christmas sweater nails, it’ll be time to light it up for New Year’s Eve. Whether you’re heading out to a huge party or staying in for an intimate house party, these 15 New Year’s Eve nail designs will make you feel your absolute best at the stroke of midnight.
1. City Lights Accent Nails: Maybe a whole manicure of bling isn’t your thing. Have no fear — these cute city lights will light up your night with just the right amount of sparkle.
2. Reverse French: Instead of French tips, why not go for the reverse look? These dark beauties have a subtle chrome half-moon fill.
3. Chrome: Who wouldn’t want chrome nails? This look has been a real winner this year, and we’re loving this ombre chrome combo nail. Your nails don’t even have to be super long to get this look.
4. Rose Gold: Speaking of runaway nail trends, rose gold is still having its moment in 2016. These beauties are perfect for a party *and* for New Year’s Day brunch.
5. Marble: Marble can be an accent nail, or you could do a whole marble mani. We love this mix and match set that looks neutral but remains party-ready.
6. ’50s Inspiration: These starburst and silver nails are so retro chic, they would look great with a vintage-inspired dress and a bright red lip.
7. Texture: We’re loving this textured nail trend, shown here looking like a cozy cable-knit sweater.
8. Neon Nights: Can’t decide if you’re feeling more brooding and dark, or neon and party ready? Why not mix and match both with some neon on black or neon on gray?
9. Holographic: Maybe chrome isn’t your thing, but holo is. With an unlimited number of color options, you can go bright and red, or mermaid-inspired purple and blue.
10. Stilletto Tips: If you can’t wear sky-high heels, why not sky-high nails? Definitely not for the faint of heart, these nails are perfect if you don’t have to use your hands for much over the holidays. No washing dishes here.
11. Nail Jewelry: Another look that isn’t so practical but oh, so fun. Pair a set with jewels with your fave LBD and paint the town.
12. Lace: Wear some sexy on your hands with a lacy black and nude nail. This is a perfect look to pair with a monochrome or color-block outfit.
13. Floral: Sure, winter really hasn’t even started yet, but who’s to say we can’t be dreaming of spring?
14. Hidden Shine: If you’re rocking long nails, but love a solid manicure, adding a little pop of sparkle or color on the underside of your nails is a subtle way to get festive without committing to over-the-top nails.
15. Sparkle Glam: Take a classic sparkle nail and amp it up with a glitter-disco-ball look. These multi-colored dazzlers are the ultimate party nail look and will make you feel like bustin’ a move all night long.
What’s your go-to party nail look? Show us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Ippei Naoi/Getty)