When it comes to the holiday season, it is safe to say we are more than a little obsessed with festive manicures. From icy nail looks to sparkling lacquers, we love us some seasonal nail art. The latest mani trend to catch our attention just so happens to combine our fave wintertime trend with next-level nail art for a look that will truly make your squad do a double take. That’s right — ugly sweater nails are a thing! Holiday statement sweaters are as much a part of the season as singing carols, sipping eggnog and decorating cookies, so with the festivities right around the corner, we have our eyes on digits dressed with everything from reindeer to fair isle patterns. Keep scrolling for 20 designs to keep your fingertips in the spirit all month long.
1. The Grinch: Add a little mischievousness to your mani with a Dr. Seuss-inspired design. The freehand artwork is so impressive, it would warm even the Grinch’s heart.
2. Ornaments: Candy apple red digits get a majorly merry upgrade with pearl and crystal embellishments. This design is like a mini haute holiday party, replete with blingy wreaths, snowflakes and Xmas trees.
3. Think Pink: Who says your seasonal mani has to be red? Treat your fingertips to a pop of pink with a wintry mix of falling flakes and a friendly snowman.
4. Mixed Patterns: Don’t be afraid to make it your own — choose your fave elements from sweaters, scarves and even PJs. Bunnies add an adorable touch to this fair isle print.
5. Sweater Weather: Sure, red, white and blue are a must for the Fourth of July, but the combo is totally fab for winter too. Wondering how to recreate these tiny sweater-inspired details? A seasonal stamp is a DIY-er’s BFF.
6. ‘Twas the Night Before: Give your nails the full holiday treatment with this uber seasonal mani. Take Frosty and Rudolph out to play alongside ornaments, snowflakes and plenty of glitter.
7. Cozy Texture: If you love a classic red nail but want something a bit more fun for this time of year, your search is over. Try a textured polish and stamp two of your nails with red and green designs.
8. Decorative Decals: Santa, Rudolph and holly, oh my! If you’re a pro and can pull off free-hand nail art, more power to you. For the rest of us, there are nail decals to get the job the done.
9. Blackberry: Just because it’s December, doesn’t mean you have to ditch your fave jewel tones. A rich blackberry hue can be totally holiday-worthy — especially when paired with delicate cold-weather designs.
10. Wrapping Paper: How cute are these Christmas nails? Metallic silver stripes and a free-hand tree make it feel super festive. Somewhere Mrs. Claus is asking her manicurist to recreate this spirited style.
11. Sparkly Snowmen: Red and green aren’t the only seasonal hues. A sparkling blue sky is the perfect backdrop for snowmen and fresh flakes.
12. Merry & Bright: Spending the holidays in a warm-weather destination (or just dreaming about it)? Try an unexpected hue to bring a little warmth to the winter chill. We love how the snow white pops against this tropical turquoise.
13. Santa-fied French: This Christmas-worthy take on a classic French (inspired by Santa’s hat) is super easy to recreate. Simply give your nails a coat of nude polish, add a pop of cherry at the tips and use a dotting tool along the top of the red to create the fluffy edging. A matte top coat is the final step.
14. Green With Envy: You don’t have to be a nail art master to add some fun to your fingertips. Paint your digits with a glittery green base and stamp on some snow white for a super polished and professional look.
15. 14K: A gold glitter base takes this look to the next level. The sparkling designs are the icing on the cake — err, ornaments on the tree — when you pair this many dazzling metallic tones together.
16. Rudolph: The red-nosed reindeer gets a special shout-out in this mani. By using a few basic shades — in this case white, gray and black (plus the red nose, of course), you can play with nail art while still keeping it relatively understated.
17. Ho Ho Ho: This mani is def on our naughty list, but it’s just so darn chic. When recreating at home, maybe skip the profanities — for the sake of your grandma and coworkers.
18. Winter’s Chill: We love this sweet take on a classic sweater mani, using white, blue and blush. It’s a look you can rock all winter long (not just around the holidays).
19. Under the Tree: Get in the spirit with festive nail art in a seasonal color scheme. Metallic embellishments add a hint of glam — perfect for any upcoming holiday fetes. Pro tip: Use a toothpick to create even lines.
20. Christmas Chic: Give your run-of-the-mill mani an upgrade. Glitter thumbs, gold dots and snow white designs add a double, if not triple, dose of pizzazz.
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more seasonal beauty inspo!