This Photo Booth Party Trend Will Make You Feel Like a Kid Again
Balloon backdrops are *v* hot right now, and for good reason: They’re colorful, inexpensive and totally customizable. No matter what kind of event you’re planning, nothing says “party” like piles of balloons in all shapes and sizes. Whether you tackle a curvy arch, spell out a cheeky message or cover an entire wall, these 17 balloon DIYs will show you how to create a playful photo backdrop that’ll earn you mega “likes” on Insta. Round up your favorite colors, grab an air pump and voila! You have a backdrop that you’ll want to keep up even after the party is over.
1. Balloon Waterfall: If you’re looking for a statement piece, look no further than an elegant balloon arch. This gorgeous swoop of cascading balloons are just the decorations you need to dazzle your party guests. Mount it right over the dessert table or bar cart, or leave as-is for a lovely photo booth. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. Spell It Out: Get festive with a gold balloon letter garland. It’ll only take a few minutes to put together, but you’ll have everyone saying “Cheers” once they get a look at your sparkly backdrop. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. DIY Cursive Word Balloon Backdrop: You can spell anything out with balloons, even in cursive! It looks seriously stylish, but it’s actually really easy to put together. You could put someone’s name on a wall for their birthday, spell out a cheeky greeting or just write a giant number. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Clock Balloons: These clock balloons would be perfect for an NYE photo booth and the countdown to midnight. You can get the look by attaching vinyl number stickers onto foil balloons and cutting clock hands out of gold card stock.(via Studio DIY)
5. DIY Floral Balloon Backdrop: Go big or go home. For a super affordable backdrop, cover an entire wall with balloons. The best part is that you don’t even have to mess with helium: Just blow them up and stick them straight to the wall. (via Sarah Johnson)
6. DIY Pumpkin Balloon Backdrop: If you’re having a themed party, a bunch of balloons add a nice punch of color to the scene. Attach different sized balloons to wire, then bend the whole thing into a pumpkin-shaped circle. Ta-da, instant photo frame for you and your BFFs. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. DIY Balloon Wall: This balloon wall is simple, but brings SO much visual interest to the party. Emphasize the different shapes and sizes and add a few quirky balloon animals for extra dimension. (via Oh Happy Day)
8. DIY Thanksgiving Balloons: The only thing better than a table full of good food is a photo booth full of punny typography and turkey balloons. Use a white paint marker to write out witty and hilarious sayings for every holiday party you’re throwing this season. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Tropical Balloon Centerpiece: Greenery is always a nice way to spruce up a simple balloon bouquet. Embrace the tropical vibes and pair yellow balloons with monstera leaves and palm fronds for a chic, minimal DIY project. (via Bird’s Party)
10. DIY Balloon Arch: Wow. So. Many. Balloons. Amp up the drama a few notches with a giant, colorful balloon arch. This beautiful backdrop is very customizable: You can choose the sizes of the balloons, the color scheme and whether you want to add extras like flowers or tassels. (via The House That Lars Built)
11. Cacti Balloon Forest: This isn’t a DIY, but it would be easy enough to put together: Blow up skinny green balloons and stick them right to the floor. You could even add pink flowers and draw “spikes” with Sharpies to complete the look. (via Sarah Illenberger)
12. DIY Sprinkle Balloon Backdrop: Close your eyes and picture this: sprinkles everywhere. Sounds too good to be true? Whether you’re throwing a unicorn party or a dessert-themed get-together, this simple sprinkle balloon backdrop will make your shindig extra tasty. (via Oh Happy Day)
13. DIY Valentine’s Day Balloon Heart: Remember that pumpkin-shaped balloon wreath? This is the same technique, but in the shape of a heart instead. The addition of flowers makes these hot pink balloons look especially sophisticated. (via The House That Lars Built)
14. DIY Rainbow Balloon Backdrop: It’s downright impossible not to break into song while putting up this magical rainbow backdrop. Layer white and clear balloons at the base of the rainbow to get a fluffy cloud effect and then keep your eyes out for a pot of gold. (via Oh Happy Day)
15. DIY Present Balloons: Who can say no to a massive pile of shiny presents? Tie ribbons around your balloons and stick on a bow to make them look like giant gifts. It’s a sure fit for a birthday or holiday-themed celebration. (via Studio DIY)
16. DIY Painted Letter Balloons: Alphabet balloons might just be the perfect addition to your next engagement party, baby announcement or birthday. Since letter balloons come in limited colors, amp up the festivity and personalize the color palette with a coat of spray paint. (via Oh Happy Day)
17. DIY Easy Balloon Wall: No helium? No problem. Just blow up a bunch of balloons, string them together using fishing line and hang them up in rows on your wall using painter’s tape. The hardest part will be picking out the perfect color palette… (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to add a balloon backdrop to your next party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas and inspo!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.