This Photo Booth Party Trend Will Make You Feel Like a Kid Again
Balloon backdrops are *v* hot right now, and for good reason: They’re colorful, inexpensive and totally customizable. No matter what kind of event you’re planning, nothing says “party” like piles of balloons in all shapes and sizes. Whether you tackle a curvy arch, spell out a cheeky message or cover an entire wall, these 17 balloon DIYs will show you how to create a playful photo backdrop that’ll earn you mega “likes” on Insta. Round up your favorite colors, grab an air pump and voila! You have a backdrop that you’ll want to keep up even after the party is over.
1. Balloon Waterfall: If you’re looking for a statement piece, look no further than an elegant balloon arch. This gorgeous swoop of cascading balloons are just the decorations you need to dazzle your party guests. Mount it right over the dessert table or bar cart, or leave as-is for a lovely photo booth. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. Spell It Out: Get festive with a gold balloon letter garland. It’ll only take a few minutes to put together, but you’ll have everyone saying “Cheers” once they get a look at your sparkly backdrop. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. DIY Cursive Word Balloon Backdrop: You can spell anything out with balloons, even in cursive! It looks seriously stylish, but it’s actually really easy to put together. You could put someone’s name on a wall for their birthday, spell out a cheeky greeting or just write a giant number. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Clock Balloons: These clock balloons would be perfect for an NYE photo booth and the countdown to midnight. You can get the look by attaching vinyl number stickers onto foil balloons and cutting clock hands out of gold card stock.(via Studio DIY)
5. DIY Floral Balloon Backdrop: Go big or go home. For a super affordable backdrop, cover an entire wall with balloons. The best part is that you don’t even have to mess with helium: Just blow them up and stick them straight to the wall. (via Sarah Johnson)
6. DIY Pumpkin Balloon Backdrop: If you’re having a themed party, a bunch of balloons add a nice punch of color to the scene. Attach different sized balloons to wire, then bend the whole thing into a pumpkin-shaped circle. Ta-da, instant photo frame for you and your BFFs. (via The House That Lars Built)
7. DIY Balloon Wall: This balloon wall is simple, but brings SO much visual interest to the party. Emphasize the different shapes and sizes and add a few quirky balloon animals for extra dimension. (via Oh Happy Day)
8. DIY Thanksgiving Balloons: The only thing better than a table full of good food is a photo booth full of punny typography and turkey balloons. Use a white paint marker to write out witty and hilarious sayings for every holiday party you’re throwing this season. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Tropical Balloon Centerpiece: Greenery is always a nice way to spruce up a simple balloon bouquet. Embrace the tropical vibes and pair yellow balloons with monstera leaves and palm fronds for a chic, minimal DIY project. (via Bird’s Party)
10. DIY Balloon Arch: Wow. So. Many. Balloons. Amp up the drama a few notches with a giant, colorful balloon arch. This beautiful backdrop is very customizable: You can choose the sizes of the balloons, the color scheme and whether you want to add extras like flowers or tassels. (via The House That Lars Built)
11. Cacti Balloon Forest: This isn’t a DIY, but it would be easy enough to put together: Blow up skinny green balloons and stick them right to the floor. You could even add pink flowers and draw “spikes” with Sharpies to complete the look. (via Sarah Illenberger)
12. DIY Sprinkle Balloon Backdrop: Close your eyes and picture this: sprinkles everywhere. Sounds too good to be true? Whether you’re throwing a unicorn party or a dessert-themed get-together, this simple sprinkle balloon backdrop will make your shindig extra tasty. (via Oh Happy Day)
13. DIY Valentine’s Day Balloon Heart: Remember that pumpkin-shaped balloon wreath? This is the same technique, but in the shape of a heart instead. The addition of flowers makes these hot pink balloons look especially sophisticated. (via The House That Lars Built)
14. DIY Rainbow Balloon Backdrop: It’s downright impossible not to break into song while putting up this magical rainbow backdrop. Layer white and clear balloons at the base of the rainbow to get a fluffy cloud effect and then keep your eyes out for a pot of gold. (via Oh Happy Day)
15. DIY Present Balloons: Who can say no to a massive pile of shiny presents? Tie ribbons around your balloons and stick on a bow to make them look like giant gifts. It’s a sure fit for a birthday or holiday-themed celebration. (via Studio DIY)
16. DIY Painted Letter Balloons: Alphabet balloons might just be the perfect addition to your next engagement party, baby announcement or birthday. Since letter balloons come in limited colors, amp up the festivity and personalize the color palette with a coat of spray paint. (via Oh Happy Day)
17. DIY Easy Balloon Wall: No helium? No problem. Just blow up a bunch of balloons, string them together using fishing line and hang them up in rows on your wall using painter’s tape. The hardest part will be picking out the perfect color palette… (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to add a balloon backdrop to your next party? Follow us on Pinterest for more party ideas and inspo!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.