15 Ways to Style a Scarf
The best thing about fall and winter style? Scarves, of course! We’ve already shown you 10 ways to turn a scarf into a vest. Now it’s time for 15 ways to innovate your look with just a scarf.
We used one thick pashmina-style scarf for half of the looks. For the rest, a classic silk scarf. Here we go!
1. Halter Scarf: Tie two corners around your neck and the other two around your waist. We recommend wearing a tube top or bandeau underneath and pairing with a blazer or peacoat for the work day.
Bow Tie BeltFor a different take on the scarf belt, tie your scarf like a bow tie around your waist. This adds a playful touch to an otherwise neutral look.
3. Giant Bow: Speaking of bows, we love the look of a giant bow right perched on your shoulder. Very Parisian.
4. Braided Twist: Coveting the sophisticated scarf styles you’ve seen on celebs? This one is more than just a loop and a pull-through. Here’s how to make it happen.
Fold your scarf in half and pull around your neck. Pull one end through the loop. Then twist the loop and pull the end through again. Voila!
5. Ruffle It Up: To add a little ruffle flair to a plain tank top, fold your scarf into a triangle. Drape over your shoulders and tie a small knot at the center. It’s the new “cardigan-over-a-sweater” look.
6. Purse in a Pinch: Love the boho look of this one! Tie a knot at each corner about 8-inches from the ends. Tie the ends together, and you’re done!
7. Poncho Vest: If you want a more permanent shoulder drape, turn your scarf into a circle scarf by tying the two ends. Twist in the front and wear!
8. Pencil Skirt: This is all about pulling the scarf tight to your hips. It may take a few tries to get your scarf just the way you want it to hang, but then it’s simply a matter of tying a knot.
Mini TurbanThe 60s-style turban is uber chic and easy to create with any scarf. Click here for a thorough tutorial.
10. Pimp Out Your Ponytail: Feeling lazy and just want to put your hair up this morning? Pimp out that pony by tying a giant silk scarf at the base. Bonus points for braiding it into your hair.
11. Giant Tote: For this giant tote, the how-to is just like the smaller pouch above… but bigger :)
12. Statement Necklace: You know we can’t get enough of our statement necklaces! Tie a bunch of knots in a silk scarf to turn any scarf into a chic necklace.
Scarf WrapThe how-to for this is similar to our scarf vest, but using a larger scarf. Tie a knot in the back and put on like a cardigan.
14. Silk Necktie: Love the look of a necktie but need something a little more feminine? Make it happen with a scarf.
15. One Shoulder Blouse: Love the Grecian look of this one! Tie a knot around one shoulder and another one at your waist.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.