17 Chic and Timeless Ways to Use a Neutral Color Palette in Your Wedding
When planning your wedding, it can be tough to decide whether to jump onto the latest wedding trends or opt for a more classic vibe. There are benefits to both, like whether or not your wedding photos will feel timeless when your grandkids see them. If a chic, classy vibe is more your style, opt for neutral colors in your stationery, flowers and bridesmaid dresses, and incorporate adaptable shades like ivory, beige, blush and light gray into your color palette. The result is anything but boring, and it’ll bring such a light, dreamy feel to any wedding. Scroll on for 17 ways to get chic, neutral wedding ideas for your big day!
1. Garland Decor: Don’t be afraid to go for darker neutrals at your wedding. This simple and clean combo of dark wood and rich greenery keep this setup looking young and fresh. (via Fete Nashville / Brightwood Photography)
2. Head Table Details: Laser cut signs are such a fun addition to decor. Little details like this keep up the grandeur without getting too flashy. (via Mon Amie Bridal Salon / Tiffany J Photography / Nicol Artistry)
3. Bridal Chic: Carry your neutral color palette into your attire. Whether you coordinate or complement, the neutral tones in your bouquet and jewelry will highlight your best moments in the photos, rather than detract from the true beauty of your special day: your love for each other. (Megan Burges / The Knot)
4. Boho Chic Beauties: Keep things neutral, natural and chic for your bridal party’s hair and makeup. Beachy hair, braided crowns and neutral-toned makeup will simultaneously lend a chic and relaxed vibe to your wedding day. (via Katirosado Photography / Green Wedding Shoes)
7. Natural Cakes: All a simple white cake needs to be taken to the next level is a gilded vintage base and a touch of greenery. No need for a cake to be flashy when it tastes so good. (via Sage Nines Event Production / Clark Brewer Photography)
8. Simple Elegance: To keep a neutral-colored bouquet from being too basic, incorporate different textures into the mix. Not only does this keep it luscious and voluminous, but it’ll be picture-perfect long after the day is over. (via Pink Bowtie Events / Photo Pink / Lindsey Rae Design)
9. Rustic Centerpiece: Woodsy elements are a match made in heaven for a neutral wedding. Between rustic wooden details, deep greens and creamy white florals, your guests will certainly be impressed. (via Oak & Honey Events / Suzuran Photography)
10. Ethereal Atmosphere: Neutral doesn’t have to be boring, especially when it comes to the ceremony altar. Transport your guests to an ethereal atmosphere with twinkling lights, luxe florals and antique rentals. (via D. Cantidio/ Adalberto Rodrigues)
11. Clean andSimple: Bring the simplicity and lightness of an outdoor wedding indoors, with a gorgeous green, ivory and gold palette. This look is the epitome of modern elegance! (via Whimsy Weddings / Merari Photography)
12. Lavish Picnic: Many people associate neutrals with rustic, but this lavish picnic goes way beyond. With luxurious, neutral floral and antique tabletop rentals, the perfect glam picnic can be created. (via Organic Elements / Half Full Photography)
13. Rosy Neutrals: Soft and rosy pinks are all the rage in the bridal world RN, and the trend isn’t going away anytime soon. These soft hues pack a punch in an effortless way! (via Nouveau Events / Libby McGowan Photography)
14. All White: White weddings are so dreamy and romantic. This is a palette that can be pulled off in any season. (via Kathi Littwin Photography)
15. Voluminous Bouquet: Ivory flowers seem to “melt” together to create full and beautiful arrangements. This a timeless look that you’ll swoon over for years to come. (via Inspired by This / J Anne Photography)
16. Metallic Touch: Spice up your table setting game with metallic flatware and charges. A copper charger will add contrast and dimension to your neutral-toned setting. (via Caroline Dutton Events / Rachel May Photography)
17. Neutral Rustic Vibe: Shades of gray are anything but drab. When paired with luscious greenery and wooden chargers, the perfect rustic combo is created. (via Modern Art Catering / For the Love of It / Hidden Garden Flowers)
Which of these neutral wedding ideas is your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding ideas and inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)