29 Earthy Chic Wedding Ideas You’ll Obsess Over
Trend alert! After much Pinterest perusing, it’s safe to say there’s a huge push toward all things earthy-chic in the bridal world right now. Marble, cement, wood, greenery, agate and colorful geodes are some of the stylish decor choices couples are incorporating into their big day. Which vibe is best for your wedding? That’s for you to decide. But to help out, here are 29 earthy chic options that deserve to be on your Pinterest board.
1. Woodsy Cake: A deep green vine coupled with this wooden cake holder makes for a dessert display fit for a woodland princess. You’ll adore the simplicity of this textured look. (via Feather and Stone / Ruffled)
2. Photo-Worthy Tray: A marble tray is perfect for your wedding day’s detail shots. The rings, invitations and escort cards will look GORG on the classy, natural materials. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
3. Subtle Marble: This cake looks like it was cut from the same stone as an ancient Greek statue. But no, it’s just some (incredible) fondant art topped with colorful berries and blooms. (via Rustic White Photography / Brides)
4. Cement Candleholders: Nothing says simple and chic like these cement candleholders surrounded by lush eucalyptus. The gold-dipped wax adds a special touch of elegance. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
5. Geode Cake: Check out the intricate detail in this lifelike amethyst geode cake. According to the creator, Rachael Teufel, it was “made from a combination of granulated sugar and rock candy that was then crafted with multicolored modeling chocolate.” Um, yes please. (via Intricate Icings Cake Design)
6. Earthy Table Runner: Is is agate? Is it marble? Either way, you’ll love it! Swirls of pink and gray give this piece of decor a rosy, romantic look. Pair it with bright flowers to complement a textured white tablecloth. (via Pen/Carlson / Poka Dot Bride)
7. Tasteful Tiles: Classy cement decor strikes again — this time in the form of multicolored escort cards. The delicate calligraphy mixed with the industrial tiles leads to a beautiful juxtaposition. (via A Fabulous Fete)
8. Earthy Invites: If you’re seeking a bolder marble look, skip the gray hues and opt for a color like this deep blue instead. Jewel-toned color schemes are another popular trend of the season. (via Shannon Moffit Photography / The Big Fake Wedding)
9. Geode Table Numbers: If you’re into crystals and color, this rock display will be perfect for your big day! Geodes can find a place in both boho beach weddings or more formal garden parties. Add mercury glass votives and candlesticks to complete the look. (via Harwell Photography / Mon Cheri Bridals)
10. A Pop of Marble: Turn a budget-friendly decoration into something spectacular: Purchase monochromatic marbled balloons for a natural look. Bring in deep green and shiny gold hues to amplify the earthy palette. (via Brklyn View Photography / Polka Dot Bride)
11. All the Greenery: Garland is one of the most popular floral trends we’ve seen recently — and it’s easy to see why! Greenery is more affordable than large floral displays, but still makes for stunning pictures. Drape it along a beautiful wooden farm table, to play up the earthy element. (via Alea Moore Photography)
12. Terrarium Time: There are few things as elegant and on-trend as the geometric shape of this display. Large terrariums with lush flora make for great centerpieces, while smaller ones with light-weight air plants are perfect for wedding favors. (via Michelle & Logan / Ruffled)
13. BHLDN Gilded Agate Card Holder ($12): These insanely adorable holders can secure table numbers for your guests, or Polaroids for your guest book. Each little nugget is made of stone, copper, iron and brass.
14. Geometric Glass Terrariums The glass windows offer endless customizable display options, but for an earthy chic vibe, opt for moss. The dainty flowers and patch of greenery turn this vintage-inspired glass box into something out of a fairytale. (via Loft Photography / Style Me Pretty)
15. Crystal and Gemstones: Crystals bring both a pop of color and a hint of sparkle to any entrance table. They look amazing paired with elegant square and hexagonal escort cards. (via Love Is a Big Deal Photography / Buzzfeed)
16. Chic Marble Coasters: Scatter marble coasters around your cocktail party or reception area and embrace the earthy chic theme. The cool tones play well with almost any palette. (via Jen Wojcik Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
17. Cement Vase: Looking to create a focal point for your ceremony, without building an alter? A simple but elegant cement garden vase is the perfect base for a large floral arrangement. Fill two of these bad boys with flowers and place them a few feet apart. The vases also look breathtaking on worn barrels. (via Eric Kelley / Once Wed)
18. Botanic Vibes: Watercolor wedding invitations are a dreamy new trend you’ll soon be obsessing over. This particular hand-painted set creates a whimsical, woodsy tone for the ethereal bride. (via A Fabulous Fete)
19. Pretty in Pink: You don’t have to walk down the aisle of a marble church when you’ve got a colorful runner like this! It speaks volumes on its own, but feel free to add little pots of greenery to carry out the earthy chic look. (via Three Pennies / The Perfect Palette)
20. Warm Glow: Who wouldn’t love to see these candle holders on every table? They’re practical, classy and on trend. Pair with votives and a small bouquet for a completed centerpiece. (via Perry Vaile Photography / Southern Wedding)
21. On the Rocks: Boho brides, rejoice! Jewel-toned geodes with handwritten names printed on them are truly stunning — and make for a cute wedding favor. Mix a handful of bright colors, or pick just two hues to stick with a simpler palette. (via Mon Cheri Bridals)
22. Tabletop Trends: A wooden charger with mixed cement and marble decor is literally everything. You and your guests will also love how the copper silverware pairs with rose-tinted glassware and a billowing bouquet. (via Luna De Mare / MODWedding)
23. All Dressed Up: Wrap regular ol’ rocks in doilies and lace to DIY an unusual but romantic pairing. The mix of textures with additional pieces, like votives and succulents, can create a fabulous garland substitute. (via Nathan Russell of You Are My True / Ruffled)
24. Modern Appeal: Love it or hate it, you must admit: This couple created a memorable piece of art with abundant succulents, a classic cake and an industrial base. It’s super bold, and super chic. (via Aaron Young / Green Wedding Shoes)
25. Barrel Bar: New rule — every outdoor wedding needs a barrel table! They can hold pictures, guest books, flower arrangements and more. We especially love this one because it also serves as a bar. Rosé, anyone? (via Austin Wedding Day)
27. Proper Entrance: A wooden welcome sign surrounded by candlesticks and eucalyptus is the perfect way to greet guests at your earthy chic wedding. It’s simple, natural and elegant. (via Mary Claire Photography / Wedding Chicks)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.