29 Earthy Chic Wedding Ideas You’ll Obsess Over
Trend alert! After much Pinterest perusing, it’s safe to say there’s a huge push toward all things earthy-chic in the bridal world right now. Marble, cement, wood, greenery, agate and colorful geodes are some of the stylish decor choices couples are incorporating into their big day. Which vibe is best for your wedding? That’s for you to decide. But to help out, here are 29 earthy chic options that deserve to be on your Pinterest board.
1. Woodsy Cake: A deep green vine coupled with this wooden cake holder makes for a dessert display fit for a woodland princess. You’ll adore the simplicity of this textured look. (via Feather and Stone / Ruffled)
2. Photo-Worthy Tray: A marble tray is perfect for your wedding day’s detail shots. The rings, invitations and escort cards will look GORG on the classy, natural materials. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
3. Subtle Marble: This cake looks like it was cut from the same stone as an ancient Greek statue. But no, it’s just some (incredible) fondant art topped with colorful berries and blooms. (via Rustic White Photography / Brides)
4. Cement Candleholders: Nothing says simple and chic like these cement candleholders surrounded by lush eucalyptus. The gold-dipped wax adds a special touch of elegance. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
5. Geode Cake: Check out the intricate detail in this lifelike amethyst geode cake. According to the creator, Rachael Teufel, it was “made from a combination of granulated sugar and rock candy that was then crafted with multicolored modeling chocolate.” Um, yes please. (via Intricate Icings Cake Design)
6. Earthy Table Runner: Is is agate? Is it marble? Either way, you’ll love it! Swirls of pink and gray give this piece of decor a rosy, romantic look. Pair it with bright flowers to complement a textured white tablecloth. (via Pen/Carlson / Poka Dot Bride)
7. Tasteful Tiles: Classy cement decor strikes again — this time in the form of multicolored escort cards. The delicate calligraphy mixed with the industrial tiles leads to a beautiful juxtaposition. (via A Fabulous Fete)
8. Earthy Invites: If you’re seeking a bolder marble look, skip the gray hues and opt for a color like this deep blue instead. Jewel-toned color schemes are another popular trend of the season. (via Shannon Moffit Photography / The Big Fake Wedding)
9. Geode Table Numbers: If you’re into crystals and color, this rock display will be perfect for your big day! Geodes can find a place in both boho beach weddings or more formal garden parties. Add mercury glass votives and candlesticks to complete the look. (via Harwell Photography / Mon Cheri Bridals)
10. A Pop of Marble: Turn a budget-friendly decoration into something spectacular: Purchase monochromatic marbled balloons for a natural look. Bring in deep green and shiny gold hues to amplify the earthy palette. (via Brklyn View Photography / Polka Dot Bride)
11. All the Greenery: Garland is one of the most popular floral trends we’ve seen recently — and it’s easy to see why! Greenery is more affordable than large floral displays, but still makes for stunning pictures. Drape it along a beautiful wooden farm table, to play up the earthy element. (via Alea Moore Photography)
12. Terrarium Time: There are few things as elegant and on-trend as the geometric shape of this display. Large terrariums with lush flora make for great centerpieces, while smaller ones with light-weight air plants are perfect for wedding favors. (via Michelle & Logan / Ruffled)
13. BHLDN Gilded Agate Card Holder ($12): These insanely adorable holders can secure table numbers for your guests, or Polaroids for your guest book. Each little nugget is made of stone, copper, iron and brass.
14. Geometric Glass Terrariums The glass windows offer endless customizable display options, but for an earthy chic vibe, opt for moss. The dainty flowers and patch of greenery turn this vintage-inspired glass box into something out of a fairytale. (via Loft Photography / Style Me Pretty)
15. Crystal and Gemstones: Crystals bring both a pop of color and a hint of sparkle to any entrance table. They look amazing paired with elegant square and hexagonal escort cards. (via Love Is a Big Deal Photography / Buzzfeed)
16. Chic Marble Coasters: Scatter marble coasters around your cocktail party or reception area and embrace the earthy chic theme. The cool tones play well with almost any palette. (via Jen Wojcik Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
17. Cement Vase: Looking to create a focal point for your ceremony, without building an alter? A simple but elegant cement garden vase is the perfect base for a large floral arrangement. Fill two of these bad boys with flowers and place them a few feet apart. The vases also look breathtaking on worn barrels. (via Eric Kelley / Once Wed)
18. Botanic Vibes: Watercolor wedding invitations are a dreamy new trend you’ll soon be obsessing over. This particular hand-painted set creates a whimsical, woodsy tone for the ethereal bride. (via A Fabulous Fete)
19. Pretty in Pink: You don’t have to walk down the aisle of a marble church when you’ve got a colorful runner like this! It speaks volumes on its own, but feel free to add little pots of greenery to carry out the earthy chic look. (via Three Pennies / The Perfect Palette)
20. Warm Glow: Who wouldn’t love to see these candle holders on every table? They’re practical, classy and on trend. Pair with votives and a small bouquet for a completed centerpiece. (via Perry Vaile Photography / Southern Wedding)
21. On the Rocks: Boho brides, rejoice! Jewel-toned geodes with handwritten names printed on them are truly stunning — and make for a cute wedding favor. Mix a handful of bright colors, or pick just two hues to stick with a simpler palette. (via Mon Cheri Bridals)
22. Tabletop Trends: A wooden charger with mixed cement and marble decor is literally everything. You and your guests will also love how the copper silverware pairs with rose-tinted glassware and a billowing bouquet. (via Luna De Mare / MODWedding)
23. All Dressed Up: Wrap regular ol’ rocks in doilies and lace to DIY an unusual but romantic pairing. The mix of textures with additional pieces, like votives and succulents, can create a fabulous garland substitute. (via Nathan Russell of You Are My True / Ruffled)
24. Modern Appeal: Love it or hate it, you must admit: This couple created a memorable piece of art with abundant succulents, a classic cake and an industrial base. It’s super bold, and super chic. (via Aaron Young / Green Wedding Shoes)
25. Barrel Bar: New rule — every outdoor wedding needs a barrel table! They can hold pictures, guest books, flower arrangements and more. We especially love this one because it also serves as a bar. Rosé, anyone? (via Austin Wedding Day)
27. Proper Entrance: A wooden welcome sign surrounded by candlesticks and eucalyptus is the perfect way to greet guests at your earthy chic wedding. It’s simple, natural and elegant. (via Mary Claire Photography / Wedding Chicks)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)