29 Earthy Chic Wedding Ideas You’ll Obsess Over
Trend alert! After much Pinterest perusing, it’s safe to say there’s a huge push toward all things earthy-chic in the bridal world right now. Marble, cement, wood, greenery, agate and colorful geodes are some of the stylish decor choices couples are incorporating into their big day. Which vibe is best for your wedding? That’s for you to decide. But to help out, here are 29 earthy chic options that deserve to be on your Pinterest board.
1. Woodsy Cake: A deep green vine coupled with this wooden cake holder makes for a dessert display fit for a woodland princess. You’ll adore the simplicity of this textured look. (via Feather and Stone / Ruffled)
2. Photo-Worthy Tray: A marble tray is perfect for your wedding day’s detail shots. The rings, invitations and escort cards will look GORG on the classy, natural materials. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
3. Subtle Marble: This cake looks like it was cut from the same stone as an ancient Greek statue. But no, it’s just some (incredible) fondant art topped with colorful berries and blooms. (via Rustic White Photography / Brides)
4. Cement Candleholders: Nothing says simple and chic like these cement candleholders surrounded by lush eucalyptus. The gold-dipped wax adds a special touch of elegance. (via Kristina Adams Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
5. Geode Cake: Check out the intricate detail in this lifelike amethyst geode cake. According to the creator, Rachael Teufel, it was “made from a combination of granulated sugar and rock candy that was then crafted with multicolored modeling chocolate.” Um, yes please. (via Intricate Icings Cake Design)
6. Earthy Table Runner: Is is agate? Is it marble? Either way, you’ll love it! Swirls of pink and gray give this piece of decor a rosy, romantic look. Pair it with bright flowers to complement a textured white tablecloth. (via Pen/Carlson / Poka Dot Bride)
7. Tasteful Tiles: Classy cement decor strikes again — this time in the form of multicolored escort cards. The delicate calligraphy mixed with the industrial tiles leads to a beautiful juxtaposition. (via A Fabulous Fete)
8. Earthy Invites: If you’re seeking a bolder marble look, skip the gray hues and opt for a color like this deep blue instead. Jewel-toned color schemes are another popular trend of the season. (via Shannon Moffit Photography / The Big Fake Wedding)
9. Geode Table Numbers: If you’re into crystals and color, this rock display will be perfect for your big day! Geodes can find a place in both boho beach weddings or more formal garden parties. Add mercury glass votives and candlesticks to complete the look. (via Harwell Photography / Mon Cheri Bridals)
10. A Pop of Marble: Turn a budget-friendly decoration into something spectacular: Purchase monochromatic marbled balloons for a natural look. Bring in deep green and shiny gold hues to amplify the earthy palette. (via Brklyn View Photography / Polka Dot Bride)
11. All the Greenery: Garland is one of the most popular floral trends we’ve seen recently — and it’s easy to see why! Greenery is more affordable than large floral displays, but still makes for stunning pictures. Drape it along a beautiful wooden farm table, to play up the earthy element. (via Alea Moore Photography)
12. Terrarium Time: There are few things as elegant and on-trend as the geometric shape of this display. Large terrariums with lush flora make for great centerpieces, while smaller ones with light-weight air plants are perfect for wedding favors. (via Michelle & Logan / Ruffled)
13. BHLDN Gilded Agate Card Holder ($12): These insanely adorable holders can secure table numbers for your guests, or Polaroids for your guest book. Each little nugget is made of stone, copper, iron and brass.
14. Geometric Glass Terrariums The glass windows offer endless customizable display options, but for an earthy chic vibe, opt for moss. The dainty flowers and patch of greenery turn this vintage-inspired glass box into something out of a fairytale. (via Loft Photography / Style Me Pretty)
15. Crystal and Gemstones: Crystals bring both a pop of color and a hint of sparkle to any entrance table. They look amazing paired with elegant square and hexagonal escort cards. (via Love Is a Big Deal Photography / Buzzfeed)
16. Chic Marble Coasters: Scatter marble coasters around your cocktail party or reception area and embrace the earthy chic theme. The cool tones play well with almost any palette. (via Jen Wojcik Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
17. Cement Vase: Looking to create a focal point for your ceremony, without building an alter? A simple but elegant cement garden vase is the perfect base for a large floral arrangement. Fill two of these bad boys with flowers and place them a few feet apart. The vases also look breathtaking on worn barrels. (via Eric Kelley / Once Wed)
18. Botanic Vibes: Watercolor wedding invitations are a dreamy new trend you’ll soon be obsessing over. This particular hand-painted set creates a whimsical, woodsy tone for the ethereal bride. (via A Fabulous Fete)
19. Pretty in Pink: You don’t have to walk down the aisle of a marble church when you’ve got a colorful runner like this! It speaks volumes on its own, but feel free to add little pots of greenery to carry out the earthy chic look. (via Three Pennies / The Perfect Palette)
20. Warm Glow: Who wouldn’t love to see these candle holders on every table? They’re practical, classy and on trend. Pair with votives and a small bouquet for a completed centerpiece. (via Perry Vaile Photography / Southern Wedding)
21. On the Rocks: Boho brides, rejoice! Jewel-toned geodes with handwritten names printed on them are truly stunning — and make for a cute wedding favor. Mix a handful of bright colors, or pick just two hues to stick with a simpler palette. (via Mon Cheri Bridals)
22. Tabletop Trends: A wooden charger with mixed cement and marble decor is literally everything. You and your guests will also love how the copper silverware pairs with rose-tinted glassware and a billowing bouquet. (via Luna De Mare / MODWedding)
23. All Dressed Up: Wrap regular ol’ rocks in doilies and lace to DIY an unusual but romantic pairing. The mix of textures with additional pieces, like votives and succulents, can create a fabulous garland substitute. (via Nathan Russell of You Are My True / Ruffled)
24. Modern Appeal: Love it or hate it, you must admit: This couple created a memorable piece of art with abundant succulents, a classic cake and an industrial base. It’s super bold, and super chic. (via Aaron Young / Green Wedding Shoes)
25. Barrel Bar: New rule — every outdoor wedding needs a barrel table! They can hold pictures, guest books, flower arrangements and more. We especially love this one because it also serves as a bar. Rosé, anyone? (via Austin Wedding Day)
27. Proper Entrance: A wooden welcome sign surrounded by candlesticks and eucalyptus is the perfect way to greet guests at your earthy chic wedding. It’s simple, natural and elegant. (via Mary Claire Photography / Wedding Chicks)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.