17 Colorful Tassel-Themed Party Ideas
When it comes to sprucing up your party decor, tassels are a no-brainer. Not only can they garnish your food and drinks and accessorize your party outfit, these little guys can do *wonders* for upgrading your party scape. So if you plan on throwing a colorful tassel-themed party, rest assured your decorations will be the highlight of the festivities. Scroll on for all 17 tassel-rific ideas!
1. DIY Tassel Backdrop: Create the perfect photo booth by draping tassel garlands across your backdrop. You can stick to one for a simple look or go all-in by layering on as many as you like. (via Apartment 34)
2. DIY Balloon Wands: These tasseled-up balloon wands are so chic, even adults will want to play with them. Dress up an ordinary balloon by throwing on a duct tape ribbon and a tissue paper fringe. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Pom Pom Tassel Circle Pool Bag: Though a pool bag is shown here, you can use this pom pom tassel keychain to embellish everything, from your party favors to a picnic tote. No matter what you use it for, its bright colors and fun textures will turn anything into a statement piece. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. DIY Tassel Dress: You’ll definitely be the hostess with the mostest in this darling getup. Upgrade a basic dress by trimming it with colorful tassels, and then keep on rocking this adorable outfit even after the party ends. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. DIY Tasseled Food Picks: These DIY food picks are crazy easy to make. All you’ll need are toothpicks, tissue paper, scissors and glue. You can even make drink stirrers using the same technique on bamboo skewers. (via Studio DIY)
7. DIY Moscow Mule Mug Tassels: Your guests won’t have to worry about losing track of their drink with this pretty and stylish hack. Create drink markers for the handle of your Moscow mule or stem of your glass of bubbly with embroidery thread tassels. (via Lovely Indeed)
10. homemadexojules Customizable Tassel Cake Topper ($15): For a minimal yet embellished look, throw this colorful tassel topper on top of a plain cake. Though the actual cake is fairly simple, the bright cake topper will provide it with all the decoration it needs.
11. DIY Tasseled Drink Stirrers: If your drinks need a little sprucing up, tassel drink stirrers will get the job done. Make each one a unique color to double as drink markers so your guests won’t need to worry about losing their beverage. (via Ruth Eileen / Style Me Pretty)
12. DIY Tassel Trim Favor Bags: Bright, colorful tassels give these plain favor bags a festive twist. To make them easier to hold, consider adding handles made of the same embroidery thread. (via Julep)
13. DIY Neon Tasseled Gift Topper: Jazz up simple gift boxes/favors with tasseled toppers. They’re a colorful and chic way to step up your wrapping game. And you can even turn whatever extra thread you have left into bracelets for your friends. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
14. DIY Tassel Chain Necklace: Set time aside during your party for this fun DIY activity you can do with your friends. Using bright embroidery floss, a thin gold chain and a chic acrylic ring, you can achieve a similarly gorgeous tassel chain necklace. (via Brit + Co)
15. DIY Tassel Bottles: Treat your guests to these personalized cola bottles outfitted with glitter paper, pom pom tassels and paper straws. Buy them pre-filled or fill them up with your own yummy drink blend. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
17. DIY Metallic Tassel Party Envelopes: In less than 10 minutes, you’ll have a flashy set of envelopes for your party invitations. You can even cut up any leftover tissue paper to turn into confetti and put it inside the envelope. (via The Knotty Bride)
Which of these awesome tassel ideas will you use to spruce up your party? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative party ideas and DIYs!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.