20 Tiny Hotel Rooms That Nailed the Whole Small Space Trend
If you’ve learned anything from tiny homes and tiny gardens, it’s that we can pack big style into our tiny spaces. If you dig all things miniature, you’ll definitely appreciate *another* small space trend we have yet to share: tiny hotel rooms! As amazing as apartment-sized hotel suites can be, there’s just something inherently comforting (and adorable) about a tiny hotel room. We’ve searched high and low for the coolest small spaces you can rent out all around the world. If your ideal getaway is something along the lines of a cute and cozy nook, scroll on for all 20 tiny hotel rooms you’ll want to book ASAP!
1. Hotel Covell, Los Angeles, California: Experience the thrill of a new environment without forgoing the comfort of home with this boutique Los Angeles hotel. Reminiscent of a ’50s New York bachelor pad, “Chapter 2” (AKA the smallest room Hotel Covell has to offer) goes for $245 a night. A retro-themed room that comes with access to a private sun deck? Yes, please. (Photo via Hotel Covell)
2. Longman & Eagle, Chicago, Illinois: If the smell of whiskey and late-night city noises draw you in, book Longman & Eagle. Starting at $95 a night, the rooms in this bustling urban enclave call enticingly to seasoned travelers looking to immerse themselves in the Chicago experience. Though their six rooms vary in price and size, their overall aesthetic and promised comfort remain consistent throughout. (Photo via Longman & Eagle)
3. Hotel Henriette, Paris, France: Charming, sweet and petite are a few words to describe a stay at French hotel Henriette. Situated in a small and quiet street nearby the Mouffetard district, this hidden gem consistently delights visitors with its blend of designer and nostalgic touches. Book your stay starting at 89€! (Photo via Hotel Henriette)
4. 11 Howard, New York City, New York: Danish minimalism meets New York realism in this chic hotel located in SoHo. In addition to their staff’s dedicated approach to hospitality, you’ll sleep better at night knowing that a portion of your room rate will be donated to help fight extreme poverty and inequality around the world. By booking your stay with 11 Howard you’re *actually* helping more than just yourself. (Photo via 11 Howard)
5. Qbic, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Located by the World Trade Centre in Amsterdam, this quirky hotel couldn’t be better connected with links to the rest of the city or transportation. An easy choice for eco-conscious travelers, this sustainably-built hotel combines innovative solar power, LED lighting, environmentally friendly toiletries and more in a cool but conscientious approach to hospitality. (Photo via Qbic)
6. The Chequit, Shelter Island Heights, New York: Based in Shelter Island, this shabby chic getaway is thought to have been designed for the “dreamy summer jaunts to the East End.” Take a look inside and you’d probably believe it: whitewashed rooms flooded with natural light dressed in a soothing palette of pale pinks and blues. (Photo via The Chequit)
7. G-Rough, Rome, Italy: Close to Piazza Navona in Rome, this luxury hotel is the ideal check-in for experiencing the best of what the capital has to offer. Elegant and original, this 17th century-old building exudes culture and history in every one of its artistically-curated suites. (Photo via G-Rough)
8. Hotel Saint-Marc, Paris, France: Characterized by an art deco style with contemporary accents, this Parisian hotel never fails to intrigue and impress visitors. Rooms come in six dominant colors: sky blue, petrol green, pink, burgundy, mustard yellow and fir tree green — which speak to Hotel Saint-Marc’s unapologetically bold approach to hospitality. (Photo via Hotel Saint-Marc)
9. Graduate Oxford, Oxford, Mississippi: Experience the pinnacle of preppy elegance in this Mississippi retreat. Work meets play at Graduate Oxford, letting you go beyond just reminiscing, and to *reliving* the glory days of college. (Photo via Graduate Oxford)
10. Alma Histórica Boutique Hotel, Montevideo, Uruguay: If a hotel could capture the passion behind Uruguay, Alma Histórica would be it. Whoever you may be — traveler, professional or design appreciator — your stay at this gem of a hotel will be a memorable one. (Photo via Alma Histórica Boutique Hotel)
11. South Congress Hotel, Austin, Texas: Set in the heart of Austin’s iconic South Congress district, this Texan hotel is ultimately a blend of industrial chic and vintage. Boasting an art-deco style rooftop and luxurious spaces clothed in leather, velvet and copper, the South Congress Hotel is definitely far from boring. (Photo via South Congress Hotel)
12. Yotel, London, United Kingdom: This London-based airport hotel is pretty ingenious. With automated check-in and check-out procedures, free WiFi, monsoon showers, flat screen TVs and workstations with multi power points, Yotel offers a “first class experience at an affordable price.” (Photo via Yotel)
13. Sleepbox Hotel, Moscow, Russia: You can’t find a name more suited for this futuristic hotel. Ideal for commuters, this tiny Moscow hotel may not have much, but it offers a cheap and comfortable place to spend the night. (Photo via Sleepbox Hotel)
14. Bold Hotels, Munich, Germany: True to its name, the hotel will leave you with a *bold* impression of its beautiful rooms and peaceful neighborhood. If you ever plan on making a trip to Germany during Oktoberfest, make sure to book your stay Bold Hotel in Munich. (Photo via Bold Hotels)
15. Quirk Hotel, Richmond, Virginia: Located in the heart of downtown Richmond, Quirk Hotel is surrounded by small galleries, unique boutiques, inspiring architectures and an explosive culinary scene. If you ever find yourself in the big R, make Quirk home base from where you can explore the dynamic arts and design district. (Photo via Quirk Hotel)
16. Peng Heng Space Capsule Hotel, Shenzhen, China: Designed to provide the bare minimum to maximize limited space, the Capsule Hotel promises a unique experience unmatched by most. You may be saying goodbye to extraneous amenities but when you’ve got a bed, TV and *WiFi,* do you really need anything else? (Photo via Booking)
17. The Renwick, New York City, NY: A destination of creativity, curiosity and comfort, the Renwick and each of its rooms is thought to evoke items found in an artist’s studio — whether it be provocative artwork or easel-inspired TV stands. Intrigued? Join the likes of former residents John Steinbeck and F. Scott Fitzgerald by staying at this historic haven for notable writers and intellectuals. (Photo via The Renwick)
18. Hotel Bachaumont, Paris, France: If visiting the Louvre is on your bucket list, Hotel Bachaumont is a must-stay. About a 10-minute walk from the renown museum, this minimalist, retro-style hotel is smack-dab in the heart of Paris. (Photo via Hotel Bachaumont)
19. No. 5 Maddox St., London, United Kingdom: Ever wondered what it’d be like to live as a high-society Londoner? Wonder no more and spend the night in the heart of the London neighborhood of Mayfair. The sleek interior design, featuring modern art and the latest tech, makes this posh pad one you won’t want to pass up. (Photo via No. 5 Maddox St.)
20. Ace Hotel, Los Angeles, California: Since setting up shop in the historic United Artists building in 2014, this Downtown LA hotel has captured hearts with its gorgeous Spanish gothic architecture and chic rooftop bar. The ornate design, complete with its storied and vibrant history, makes this hotel a win. (Photo via Ace Hotel)
Which of these tiny hotel rooms would you want to book? Follow us on Pinterest for more vacay inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.