12 Tiny Homes That Prove Small Spaces Are More Glam Than Ever
These truly microscopic houses make a statement when it comes to small space living. From clever storage solutions to petite charm, micro-homes make the most out of every square inch, opting for a much-less-is-more approach. We’re inspired to clean out our closets (and drawers and cabinets…) and embrace the minimalist life after checking out these super chic tiny homes below.
1. Eco-Friendly Studio: This 16-by-16 structure features a sustainable design on the outside and a natural, eco-inspired look on the inside. Woven textures create a relaxed, welcoming vibe, along with an assortment of colorful pillows for personality. (via Tiny House Blog)
3. Boho Micro-Home: What this home lacks in size, it makes up for with an abundance of style. Boho accents, like the custom sliding doors to the bathroom, bring flair to this modern-meets-boho home in Austin, Texas. (via Curbed)
4. Petite Luxury: Sometimes smaller spaces let the details truly shine. In this tiny home, marble countertops, hardwood floors and beautiful wood trim combine for a high-quality chef’s kitchen. (via Tiny Heirloom)
5. Pocket Living: Plenty of windows and repurposed pine floors ensure this portable micro-home is constantly flooded with light. Drawers and cabinets provide a place to both relax and store essentials. (via Inhabitat)
6. Simple Sustainability: A gabled roof gives this micro-home a light and airy feel. Contemporary decor keeps the look upscale and adds warmth to the space, like with the brown leather sofa and patchwork patterned rug. (via Decoist)
7. Global-Inspired Tiny Home: An eclectic mix of decor creates a unique look in this petite house on wheels in Charlotte, North Carolina. A neutral sofa grounds the space, allowing red trim and cultural artwork to take the stage. (via Tiny House Swoon)
9. Tiny Brick Home: With 92 square feet of ground space to work with, this stunning brick abode in the Mission District of San Francisco was transformed into a modern guest house. The small vintage building used to be a mechanical room for a commercial laundry business, but the architect saw an opportunity for this little space to be more than just a storage unit. (via Small House Bliss)
11. Retro Cottage: The owners of this petite home turned an old school bus into a whimsical retreat. Wood paneling plays up the curved ceiling, while a built-in bed area provides two places to lounge and sleep. (via Tiny House Swoon)
12. Rustic Loft: Extra high ceilings combine with whitewashed wood walls, creating a bright space with a lot of wall storage. Built-in benches offer cushioned seating, along with a lofted storage nook and a separate lofted bed area. (via Small and Tiny Home Ideas)
What’s your favorite tiny home idea? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)