THIS Is the New Shoe Trend You’ll Be Sporting in 2017
With kitten heels set for an epic comeback this spring (we’re as surprised as you are), we figured it would only be a matter of time before we caught wind of the next big trending shoe silo. First spotted at Marni’s spring 2017 runway show, pointed toe silos called “hooties” or “vamp” are this close to making their grand debut. Between pointed-toe backless mules and dramatic chunky block heels featuring angular forms, there’s no shortage of cutting-edge versions of the It shoe of the season to snatch up. They almost always come in mule form, but you best believe there’s something for everyone. With January already well underway, it’s ‘bout time you started making progress on your style resolutions for 2017 — and what better place to start than making a vow to break away (let’s call it a well-timed hiatus) from your beloved ankle-strap heels? Ahead, we’ve uncovered 15 hootie catwalk-to-corporate-inspired steppers that will have you running the boardroom like an HBIC.
2. Jeffrey Campbell Lexie Leather Flat ($90): Walk into the room, and the general consensus will be like “whoa” as you shower everyone with your sartorial greatness. Between the sleek design and the fact these bad boys can be worn as either mules or flats (simply push down the heel for lazy girl-approved style around the clock), you won’t run out of excuses to whip these babies out.
4. & Other Stories Gold Ankle Strap Pumps ($125): Party-ready steppers? Right this way. Don’t hesitate to reach for these scene-stealing metallic ankle-strap heels come the first dance party of the year. Not only will they make you want to bust a move on the dance floor, but the v-shaped décolletage has zero chance of flying under the radar. A drop-waist dress won’t be up for debate.
5. ASOS Poison Pointed Mules ($64): Just how comfortable do these babies look for running errands, hitting the town, you name it? The slip-on-and-go style, teamed with the trend-right snakeskin print, make them fair game for every function in your iCal. *Adds to cart without hesitation.*
6. ASOS Office Splash High Vamp Glitter Heeled Shoes ($140): As if the vampy silo wasn’t enough to catch our attention, it’s the glittery exterior that makes these stilettos red carpet-ready. Cue the glitz and glamour with a neck-plunging gown and chandelier earrings for an after hours-approved look that slays.
7. Forever 21 Denim Stiletto Boots ($38): Before you cringe at the thought of denim peep-toe stiletto boots, hear us out. In lieu of a Canadian tuxedo (just don’t do it), opt for athleisure-inspired separates with major street-chic appeal. Think: streamlined joggers and a track jacket or high-performance leggings and a cool girl-approved hoodie for a little bit of RiRi influence.
8. Urban Outfitters Becky Pointy Toe Mule ($69): A new cool-girl uniform for the new year? We think that sounds about right. Look no further than these rose gold vegan leather mules that call for a silk pajama shirt, a pair of frayed hem jeans and some modern hoops.
9. Jeffrey Campbell Palatine High Heel Mules ($170): These luxe suede taupe mules are more than deserving of a spot in your regular nine-to-five and after-hours wardrobe. Play the info desk role with a boss lady-approved pantsuit before tapping into your bohemian roots with a ruffled maxi and a felt fedora. The countdown until Coachella is on.
10. Jeffrey Campbell Deep V Ankle Boot ($158): Check, check and triple check. The peekaboo cutouts, deep-V design and pink metallic leather make these ankle boots a winner in our eyes. Let the compliments roll in as you parade them around the block with a free-wheelin’ jumpsuit.
11. H&M Leather Shoe Boots ($70): Tired of the same ol’ ankle booties that you never seem to take off? Say no more. Introducing the vampy leather boots that show off just the right amount of foot cleavage without entering OTT territory. For a risk-taking look that’s not messing around, toss ‘em on with a swishy metallic pleat skirt (or rolled-up boyfriend jeans) and a leather biker jacket.
12. COS Slingback Bow Pumps ($190): For when you’re feeling a little (or a LOT) fancy, consider these forest green hooties to be your new piece de resistance. AKA, you’ll reach for them every. Single. Time. As much as we love the slingback style, the well-placed bow is obvs our favorite part.
13. Free People Animal Print Mule ($169): Me-ow is right. Take a walk on the wild side with these animal print mules featuring an unassuming wedge heel (yay for wobble-free commutes!) that will be the envy of your girl gang. Style them with a plain white tee and mom jeans by day before subbing in a leather moto skirt by night for an epic GNO.
14. Zara Leather Mid Heel Shoes ($90): Consider these white hooties featuring a wooden block heel to be the stylish cousin of those ugly-pretty glove shoes that had everyone talking last season. Make major moves in the boardroom by teaming them alongside a crisp button-down and contemporary windowpane trousers.
15. Shellys London Year Round Oxford ($89): Trade in the heels for some sensible flats? We thought you’d never ask. Feast your eyes upon the chrome Oxfords that won’t be playing second-best anytime soon (they’re street MVP-approved, after all). For a getup that’s straight-up #girlboss, wear ‘em on the streets with a neck-tie blouse and black culottes. Fishnet socks are optional, though we highly recommend them for no shortage of traffic-stopping potential.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)