The Unsuspecting Heel Height You’ll Be Wearing on Repeat in 2017
Alert the masses! We’ve just caught wind of the latest WTF-worthy trend that — dare we say it — needs to be on your radar STAT. A far cry from the Instababe-approved ankle-strap heels you wore on loop during the holidays, kitten heels are suddenly on the verge of a major comeback. We definitely didn’t see that coming… but then again, these ugly shoes for fall took us by surprise too. Less granny-chic, more urban sophisticate with Blair Waldorf’s style chops, this unsuspecting heel height will work its sartorial magic in more ways than one. For starters, they’re comfortable enough to withstand your morning commute. Can we get an amen? And when it comes time to dance, you’ll actually be able to come through with the choreographed moves. You can’t honestly say the same for those towering Gaga-inspired platforms (we still love you though) you’ve had tucked away for crazy GNOs, can you? Nah, girl. Step into these kitten heels and onto the dance floor.
1. London Rebel Tie Ankle Kitten Heel Shoe ($73): What is there not to la-la-LOVE about these scene-stealing magenta tie-up kitten heels? That’s not even a question. In fact, we may or may not have to save these bad boys for Valentine’s Day. The modern kitten heel style will not only rack up the compliments on Insta (and IRL), but you’ll make it to the end of the day hopefully blister-free. *Adds to cart without hesitation as you pencil in a date night with bae.*
5. Jeffrey Campbell Leopard Print Kitten Heeled Booties ($225): New year, new rules, new YOU: Before stepping foot outside, DO make an effort to put your most stylish foot forward, starting with these leopard print ankle booties that demand attention. Day or night, work or play, these babies will take any outfit from zero to 100 with minimal effort. Try leather pants and a camel coat for the daytime before transitioning for the p.m. with a bodycon sweater dress and fishnet tights.
6. Marco de Vincenzo Ruffled Satin Kitten-Heel Pumps ($420): You, parade around town in low heels? We thought we’d never see the day. These runway-ready ruffled slingbacks will lend an ultra-femme touch to a silk kimono and trend-right frayed hem jeans for an off-duty look that’s elegant at its best. Clip-on earrings from Grammie’s jewelry box probs won’t be too far behind.
7. Charles & Keith Pointed Kitten Heel Pumps ($49): Yet another reason you’re going to flock to a pair of the season’s most coveted kitten heel pumps? They’re HR-approved. Thanks to these majestic purple pointed-toe steppers, you’ll be running the reference desk like a HBIC and hitting up happy hour once five o’clock rolls around. Proceed to pair them alongside a swishy accordion pleat skirt or a laid-back slip dress (layered over a thin turtleneck, natch) for maximum impact.
8. Kate Spade Pomona Heels ($228): Leave it to Kate Spade to dream up the ultimate polka-dotted kitten heels that will make you want to dance the tango. Besides the obvious — they’re game for every fête, formal and black tie function in your iCal — they’re practically an investment piece in their own right. And let’s not forget the showstopping bow that will serve as the exclamation point to every twirl-worthy dress until further notice.
9. & Other Stories Suede Slingbacks ($125): Spread the word: Sensible does not equate to boring. As part of your style resolutions for 2017, make a vow to give slingbacks and kitten heels a second chance. (Don’tcha know, they’re anything but dowdy these days!) When channeling a look of understated elegance, these beauties will make a lasting first impression no matter how you style ’em — be it a billowy blouse or a sequined dress.
10. Tabitha Simmons Layton Glittered Leather Pumps ($725): According to the cost per wear ratio, these DDG glittered pumps from Tabitha Simmons will more than pay for themselves. Just look at ‘em — they’re certified showstoppers. For the hostess with the mostest or socialite type with XYZ event to attend, these kitten heels will work their magic around the clock. Think: high-waisted mom jeans for the daytime and a flouncy ruffle-trimmed dress come dusk.
11. Faryl Robin + Free People Dynamite Kitten Heel Boot ($168): Dynamite is right. These strappy gold leather boots are straight-up fire. When Chelsea boots read too hipster and velvet ankle booties are too diva, these stunners will have you suited and booted for a night on the town. Complete the look with a leather moto skirt and a wear-everywhere bomber jacket for a getup that slays.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)