The Unsuspecting Heel Height You’ll Be Wearing on Repeat in 2017
Alert the masses! We’ve just caught wind of the latest WTF-worthy trend that — dare we say it — needs to be on your radar STAT. A far cry from the Instababe-approved ankle-strap heels you wore on loop during the holidays, kitten heels are suddenly on the verge of a major comeback. We definitely didn’t see that coming… but then again, these ugly shoes for fall took us by surprise too. Less granny-chic, more urban sophisticate with Blair Waldorf’s style chops, this unsuspecting heel height will work its sartorial magic in more ways than one. For starters, they’re comfortable enough to withstand your morning commute. Can we get an amen? And when it comes time to dance, you’ll actually be able to come through with the choreographed moves. You can’t honestly say the same for those towering Gaga-inspired platforms (we still love you though) you’ve had tucked away for crazy GNOs, can you? Nah, girl. Step into these kitten heels and onto the dance floor.
1. London Rebel Tie Ankle Kitten Heel Shoe ($73): What is there not to la-la-LOVE about these scene-stealing magenta tie-up kitten heels? That’s not even a question. In fact, we may or may not have to save these bad boys for Valentine’s Day. The modern kitten heel style will not only rack up the compliments on Insta (and IRL), but you’ll make it to the end of the day hopefully blister-free. *Adds to cart without hesitation as you pencil in a date night with bae.*
2. Jeffrey Campbell + Free People Brixton Kitten Heel ($148): In the dead of winter when you find yourself reaching for dark, moody-hued clothing, here’s our advice: Resist the urge at all costs. Instead, use your all-black-errthang dominant wardrobe as an excuse to snatch up these pretty blush pink kitten heels without hesitation. They’re ladylike enough for brunch uptown, and sweet enough (those laser-cut details — major swoon) for a bridal shower. To be teamed with head-to-toe pink, of course.
3. Truffle Glitter Molly Kitten Heel Shoe ($73): Where, oh where, were these glitter-flecked heels on NYE? Thankfully, it’s not too late to pile on the post-seasonal sparkle. In fact, with a case of the January blues at bay, it would behoove you to incorporate some Jenna Lyons-esque styling into your repertoire. Pair these head-turning ankle-strap kitten heels with a crisp button-down, rolled-up boyfriend jeans and a longline coat for an unofficial work-to-drinks uniform.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Love Stoned Kitten Heel Boot ($298): Life’s too short not to treat yo’self to the OTK kitten heel boots, amirite? Don’t you dare talk yourself out of investing in these style MVP-worthy stompers that bring the rocker ‘tude and post-Coachella flair. The gold studs will lend themselves well to a suede button-front mini or a fluttery choker-style dress. Come the summer months, you know denim cutoffs will be in order.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Leopard Print Kitten Heeled Booties ($225): New year, new rules, new YOU: Before stepping foot outside, DO make an effort to put your most stylish foot forward, starting with these leopard print ankle booties that demand attention. Day or night, work or play, these babies will take any outfit from zero to 100 with minimal effort. Try leather pants and a camel coat for the daytime before transitioning for the p.m. with a bodycon sweater dress and fishnet tights.
6. Marco de Vincenzo Ruffled Satin Kitten-Heel Pumps ($420): You, parade around town in low heels? We thought we’d never see the day. These runway-ready ruffled slingbacks will lend an ultra-femme touch to a silk kimono and trend-right frayed hem jeans for an off-duty look that’s elegant at its best. Clip-on earrings from Grammie’s jewelry box probs won’t be too far behind.
7. Charles & Keith Pointed Kitten Heel Pumps ($49): Yet another reason you’re going to flock to a pair of the season’s most coveted kitten heel pumps? They’re HR-approved. Thanks to these majestic purple pointed-toe steppers, you’ll be running the reference desk like a HBIC and hitting up happy hour once five o’clock rolls around. Proceed to pair them alongside a swishy accordion pleat skirt or a laid-back slip dress (layered over a thin turtleneck, natch) for maximum impact.
8. Kate Spade Pomona Heels ($228): Leave it to Kate Spade to dream up the ultimate polka-dotted kitten heels that will make you want to dance the tango. Besides the obvious — they’re game for every fête, formal and black tie function in your iCal — they’re practically an investment piece in their own right. And let’s not forget the showstopping bow that will serve as the exclamation point to every twirl-worthy dress until further notice.
9. & Other Stories Suede Slingbacks ($125): Spread the word: Sensible does not equate to boring. As part of your style resolutions for 2017, make a vow to give slingbacks and kitten heels a second chance. (Don’tcha know, they’re anything but dowdy these days!) When channeling a look of understated elegance, these beauties will make a lasting first impression no matter how you style ’em — be it a billowy blouse or a sequined dress.
10. Tabitha Simmons Layton Glittered Leather Pumps ($725): According to the cost per wear ratio, these DDG glittered pumps from Tabitha Simmons will more than pay for themselves. Just look at ‘em — they’re certified showstoppers. For the hostess with the mostest or socialite type with XYZ event to attend, these kitten heels will work their magic around the clock. Think: high-waisted mom jeans for the daytime and a flouncy ruffle-trimmed dress come dusk.
11. Faryl Robin + Free People Dynamite Kitten Heel Boot ($168): Dynamite is right. These strappy gold leather boots are straight-up fire. When Chelsea boots read too hipster and velvet ankle booties are too diva, these stunners will have you suited and booted for a night on the town. Complete the look with a leather moto skirt and a wear-everywhere bomber jacket for a getup that slays.
Will you test drive a pair of kitten heels this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.