14 Wedding Trends That Are Going to Be BIG in 2017
Out goes the old and in comes the new! Each year that passes by, weddings are getting more creative and more design-focused than ever before, and with that, we are majorly excited for all of the wedding trends to come in 2017. If you’re a fashion, design and pop culture fanatic like we are, then you probably can already predict some of the things that will be big in 2017. But if you’re not, don’t worry — we got you covered! Here’s what we predict will be big in 2017 weddings.
1. Geometric Decor: Geometric shapes are totally in for weddings this year. Hang pieces from the ceiling, or use them as centerpieces to get a super modern look. (via GATHER Events, J Wiley Photography)
2. Hand Lettering: Invitations are getting simpler, but that doesn’t mean they’re any less beautiful. Hand lettering is the chicest way to achieve a minimalistic and gorgeous suite. (via A Charming Fete, Addison Jones Photography)
3. Off-the-Shoulder Wedding Dresses: Off-the-shoulder dresses are everywhere this season, including in bridal, and we guarantee they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. This timeless look is right for any season and will be sure to wow your guests. (via The Graceful Host, Erin Grey Couture, Lauren Rosenau Photography)
4. Large and Lush Bouquets: Brides are all about pushing the envelope in 2017. We predict brides to incorporate lots more texture and combine non-traditional florals and greenery together. (via Nicole George Event Planning, Bloom Babes, Half Full Photography)
5. All Green Bouquets: With “Greenery” as Pantone’s Color of the Year, brides will want to incorporate this stunning shade in their wedding details. A simple, all-green bouquet is the prettiest match with a white gown. (via Meant2Be Events, Jasen Arias Weddings)
7. Clever Favors: Say goodbye to cheesy favors. 2017 will bring more creative and personalized favors for guests. (via Vitae Weddings, Wish Wedding Planning)
8. Headpieces: Brides will definitely be more “fashion-forward” in 2017. A jeweled headpiece in lieu of a traditional veil will leave a lasting impression on your guests. (via D. Cantidio / Raquel Cunha)
9. Passports Stationery: With more couples deciding to take their weddings abroad, it’s only fitting that the invitation matches the theme. We’re excited to see more creative stationery suites that play up wedding motifs. (via Lepenn Designs, Jenny May Photography)
12. Hanging Backdrops: Picture-perfect vows won’t end in 2016, but creative hanging installations will add to the entire look of ceremonies. It’s even a great spot for guests to take pictures afterward. (via D. Cantidio, Aloha Fotografia)
13. Mixing Patterns: Popular fashion trends like mixing patterns will certainly emerge in the wedding space. While this look might not be for everyone, this is a great aesthetic for the fun and artsy couple! (via Color Pop Events, Brklyn View Photography, Juli Vaughn Designs, Gubba Gumma Studios)
14. Colorful Hues: 2016 has seen a ton of beautifully done neutral weddings, but 2017 is going to be all about bright and colorful hues. Tropical flowers are a great way to achieve this look. (via Steven Boyle Design, Moana Events, Absolutely Loved Photography)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)