15 Spangled 4th of July Cupcakes and Cakes
You’ve got your annual Fourth of July cookout responsibilities down pat. One friend brings the pasta salad, another gladly takes care of the grilled veggie sides, and then you are happily in charge of the patriotic flag cake. But this year, you might want to shake things up. We’ve got 15 red, white, and blue cupcakes and cakes with broad stripes and bright stars to celebrate Independence Day in style.
1. Red, White, and Blue Funfetti Cupcakes: Funfetti has become a birthday *must,* but we’re bringin’ it for the Fourth of July with these gloriously festive cupcakes slathered in buttercream frosting. (via Treats and Trends)
2. Red, White, and Blue Cake Pops: With a white chocolate coating and festive sprinkles, these gorgeous cake pops are a total crowd-pleaser. They’re also really fun and easy to make, so get the kids to help! (via Love Maegan)
5. Firecracker Cake: With red, white, and blue drips of delicious frosting, this vanilla cake is as exciting on the inside as it is on the outside, thanks to some crafty yet simple techniques. (via Love Bakes Good Cakes)
6. Patriotic Swirl Cupcakes: It’s hard to beat colorful swirls of buttercream sitting atop moist and crumbly chocolate cupcakes, amirite? Follow the simple tutorial and WOW your pals. (via Two Sisters Crafting)
7. Low Carb 4th of July Vanilla Berry Cake: If this vanilla berry cake proves anything, it’s that you can still be festive while keeping things clean and simple. Decorated with sweet strawberries and blackberries, this dessert is low in carbs but big on flavor. (via It’s Autumn’s Life)
8. Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: This recipe brings cupcakes to a whole new level by filling ice cream cones with batter before baking. They’re then topped with icing as usual, and a maraschino cherry for good measure. (via Our Family of Seven)
9. Easy July 4th Ice Cream Cake: This cooling ice cream cake is made with frozen pound cake, your choice of raspberry or strawberry sorbet, and a whipped topping that’s decked out in fresh berries and patriotic goodies. (via Just a Taste)
12. 4th of July Cupcakes: Red, white, and blue are twirled to perfection to give you these slightly psychedelic vanilla cupcakes; they’re topped with a finger-lickin’ buttercream that you can easily make on your own. (via The Little Blonde Baker)
15. American Flag Cake: This cake might seem run-of-the-mill at first glance, but when you cut into it and reveal your mad baking skills, guests will be left in a complete state of awe. (via Cooking Is Messy)
Follow us on Pinterest for more patriotic goodies!