17 Indulgent Ice Cream Cakes for Your Labor Day Bash
Even though the summer is *sadly* coming to a close soon, the weather clearly hasn’t gotten that memo. We can’t say we’re mad about it, because that just means more frozen treats for us to gobble down before the pumpkin spice lattes take over. You’ve been enjoying ice cream sandwiches all summer, so Labor Day is the perfect opportunity to break out your most impressive homemade ice cream cakes. Whether you use your own no-churn ice cream or your favorite store-bought indulgence, these 17 ice cream cakes are as easy to make as they are delicious. Keep reading to discover the most unique and decadent ice cream cakes to whip up for your Labor Day bash.
1. Black Forest Ice Cream Cake: Lovers of Black Forest cake will swoon for this icy interpretation of the classic dessert. Using a few store-bought ingredients, you can create a beautiful cake that looks like it took way more effort than it did. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
2. Death by Chocolate Ice Cream Cake: Holy chocolate paradise! Make this towering ice cream cake for Labor Day and your guests may never leave. Lucky for you, all it takes is chocolate ice cream, brownie mix, Oreos and magic shell topping to make this epic dessert. (via Young, Broke and Hungry)
3. Chipwich Ice Cream Cake: Your favorite ice cream truck purchase just got a major makeover. If you want homemade ice cream sandwiches but don’t want the trouble of assembling each one, this cake is your solution. (via Cookies and Cups)
4. Chocolate-Berry Ice Cream Cake: This drool-worthy cake is the stuff of dreams. A layer of chocolate cake is followed by a layer of vanilla ice cream and blackberries, then finished with a pint of raspberry sorbet. It’s both fruity AND chocolatey. (via Martha Stewart)
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake: Any cookie monster in your life will live for this cake. Preparing only one layer of chocolate chip cookie makes this cake really easy to slice and decorate, so your guests will be chowing down in a flash. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
6. Coffee Ice Cream Cake: Coffee is appropriate no matter what time of day it is. Pro tip: Run your knife under hot water (then dry it off) before cutting your ice cream cake so you get a nice clean slice every time. (via The Little Epicurean)
7. Cookies and Cream Oreo Ice Cream Cake: Whether you’re making it for Labor Day or a pal’s birthday, you can’t go wrong with a cookies and cream cake. This crowd-pleaser boasts a total of 45 Oreos, so you know it’s packed with flavor. (via Life Made Sweeter)
8. Reese’s Ice Cream Cake: This simple ice cream cake requires nothing more than layering a few delicious ingredients. Store-bought ice cream sandwiches, Reese’s Cups and whipped topping are stacked before drizzling with peanut butter, caramel and chocolate sauce. Now, where’s the fork? (via Lemons for Lulu)
9. M&M Ice Cream Cake: If you’re looking for more cake and less ice cream, go for an ice cream cake like this one. The ice cream basically serves as a frozen frosting for the cake, and piles of M&Ms add big-time crunch. (via The Gunny Sack)
10. Summer Berry Ice Cream Cake: Ice cream cakes don’t have to be childish — this chic cake is made in a loaf tin for a sleek and minimal look. It layers three of your favorite gourmet ice creams, pound cake and blackberry jam. Top with fresh berries and you’re good to go. (via Camille Styles)
11. Fruity Pebble Crunch Ice Cream Cake: The inner child inside of you will love every second of making (and eating) this ice cream cake. BRB, going to put Fruity Pebble crunch on everything we eat. (via The Gunny Sack)
12. Salted Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Cake: Thankfully, salted caramel is here to stay, and this cake proves it. It has chocolate ganache, chocolate graham cracker crust and the saltiest caramel you ever did see. Absolute PERFECTION. (via Coley Cooks)
13. Samoa Ice Cream Cake: Fans of the famous Girl Scout cookie will be delighted to enjoy this cake in the off-season. The star of the dessert is the thick layer of toasted coconut that gives the Samoa its signature flavor. (via Mariah’s Pleasing Plates)
14. Birthday Party Ice Cream Cake: It doesn’t have to be someone’s birthday to make a unicorn-colored ice cream cake. Spread a little bit of happiness at your Labor Day cookout by assembling this easy and fun-to-decorate cake. (via Sweetapolita)
15. Snickers Peanut Butter Brownie Ice Cream Cake: Why should you have to choose between a Snickers cake and a peanut butter cake when you can have both? Fudgy brownies separate the layers, and a heap of chopped Snickers adorns the top, making this treat even more decadent. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
16. Strawberry Shortcake Icebox Cake: This Good Humor-inspired ice cream cake is a tasty blast from the past. The pound cake, strawberry ice cream and whipped topping layers are great, but the show-stopper is that strawberry shortbread topping. (via Mariah’s Pleasing Plates)
17. Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake: This recipe uses homemade no-churn mocha ice cream to enhance store-bought pound cake. The whole thing is sealed with chocolate ganache and finished with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delectable summer dessert ideas.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.