Our nail polish obsession is pretty well documented, and we believe there’s truly no better way to brighten up your day than with ten beautiful pops of color. Unfortunately, some of your favorite nail polishes still use dangerous chemicals that can actually do more harm than good. Luckily there are plenty of brands that forgo these ingredients with wonderful 5-free nail polishes clear of formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde resin and camphor, the most toxic common culprits found in your polish. We’ve rounded up 18 of our fave 5-free polishes in colors that will spice up your fall style.
1. Jin Soon in Gala ($20): Metallics aren’t just reserved for the holiday season. Unleash your inner diva with this glamorous tone that will be sure to turn heads.
2. Smith & Cult in Feed the Rich ($18): We love a jewel-toned look for fall, and this deep green would be a great option to add to the mix. Wear it in combination with other colors or alone for a look that will have others green with envy.
3. RGB Nails in Cameo ($18): Whether it’s for your lips or nails, nude colors are in. This blushing opaque only takes two coats to help you achieve a beautiful, subdued look. Plus, on top of being 5-free, it’s also vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free!
4. Julep Nail Polish in Anisa ($14): Looking for a twist on a classic? With a creamy formula that’s both long-lasting and healthy for your nails, this burgundy is all kinds of beautiful for fall.
5. Deborah Lippmann in Dark Side of the Moon ($18): Go a little darker with a deep plum shade from Deborah Lipmmann. Chic and on-trend, this color is gorgeous for anyone looking to go a bit dark and dramatic.
6. Tenoverten in O27 Essex ($18): Opt for a more muted look with this stylish pale gray. Doesn’t this gorgeous shade make you just want to cozy up in a sweater with a cup of hot cider?
7. Jamberry in I Lava You ($15): You can make every day Halloween with this feisty orange. Pair it with a gilded statement nail or some graphic decals to really bring it to another level.
8. Trust Fund Beauty in Just Talk to My Lawyer ($15): Looking for a dark shade with a bit of an edge? Trust Fund Beauty has you covered with their shade of dark brown and its surprising infusion of red that will look incredible throughout both cold-weather seasons.
9. Zoya in Kristen ($9): Fall might bring with it darker and more subdued colors, but that doesn’t mean we have to throw away all the pastels at our disposal. This grayish blue is for all our cool-toned lovers out there.
10. Pacifica in Abalone ($9): If you want to add a bit of glitz and glam to your typical blue, then pick up this option from Pacifica that’s actually 7-free as well as cruelty-free and vegan!
11. Ella + Mila in Pistache ($11): Okay, are we the only ones obsessed with this pale green? It’s such a great transitional color for the change of seasons.
12. Sheswai Beauty in Hot Damn ($16): This is one aptly named nail polish. We think this color is all kinds of big, bright and beautiful.
13. Cote in No. 1 ($16): Pink lovers, we haven’t forgotten about you! Try this signature coral blend for a bit of a twist on your usual pink.
14. Treat Collection in So Chic ($18): If there is such a thing as an electric purple, then we’ve found it with this glossy option that comes in one seriously chic bottle.
15. Priti NYC in Midnight Blue Gerber ($15): Can’t decide between a classic blue and your favorite metallic? Choose both with this amazing midnight blue option from Priti NYC. Its added shimmer will please any glitter-loving girl.
16. Butter London in Sloan Ranger ($15): It’s not easy being green, so go for this olive khaki with a bit of silver infusion for your next mani. This added touch of metallic is as gorgeous as it is unexpected.
17. AILA in The New Black ($17): For those that don’t want to let go of the bright colors of summer, don’t fret. There’s no need to go dark when you have an orange-red that is perfect for every skin tone. Because orange is the new black, right? ;)
18. Habit in Belle de Jour ($18): We can’t decide which is more stunning, the packaging or the beautiful neutral shade of polish. Wear it with a brightly colored sweater for a nice contrast.
Do you have a favorite 5-free polish for fall? Sound off in the comments below!