5 Must-DL Apps This Week: Tame Your Cloud, Develop Pix + More!
This was a wild week in App Land, where so many of your ol’ faithfuls had major facelifts, upgrades and various bells ‘n’ whistles added on. Lyft added a whole new option to carpool, Pinterest introduced direct messaging on their iOS app and Foursquare is basically a new app (upgrades available for Android and iOS) that wants to LEARN what you like and lead you to more of it. That’s great and all, but what about the new apps, Brit + Co, what about THEM? Yes, we DLed those, too — check ‘em out!!!
1. 1-Hour Photo: We’re all about turning everyday sparks of creativity into art and this app might makes you snap photos to put back into that category (instead of the six-second wham bam ones you’ve gotten used to). When you take pix, IT takes one hour to “develop” them for you in film-quality black and white. Meant to remind you what it’s like to have to wait all that time (60 minutessssss — sometimes DAYS!) to get back an envelope of memories, it just might make you savor the act of picture-taking again.
2. Unclouded: What’s eating up all your cloud space? Damned if we know. But THANKFULLY this app helps you understand wth is up there, shows you if you have duplicates of photos or files and makes you think fondly of clouds once more. Aw, they’re so pretty really!
Cost: Free for Android
3. Drop Messages: Drop it like it’s hot — anywhere in the world. This is a message and photo bombing social app that lets you (or companies with cool prizes to give away!) drop a shout out to friends and future friends that they’ll only get if they enter that location. No need to FOMO over those sick Snapchats of cool places your BFFs are hanging at, now you have even more incentive to BE THERE. Drop a message in your hood or send one anywhere in the world for the ultimate scavenger hunt or “happy birthday.”
4. Doorsteps Swipe: Swiping right or left is the new thumbs up or down (respectively) and now wannabe homeowners can do it, too! The real estate app lets renters and homebuyers flip through prospective listings set to their preferences for price and amenities. Whether you’re looking to buy your first home close to a good school that has a big back yard and two and a half baths orrrr you’re trying to rent out that penthouse near da club, you’ll find it here. And, better than over on Tinder, anytime you swipe right, it could be a match. Maybe even one that needs less work than the tech bro you’re chatting with over on the ‘der.
5. Nanu: This app does something simple that could be seriously helpful to you: It lets you make free phone calls. It doesn’t matter if the Wi-Fi is slow as heck, congested with other freeloaders (Jkkkk) or you have crappy 2G, it’ll work anywhere your phone does.
Cost: Free for Android
What apps did you download this week? Share your favorites with us below!