6 Up-and-Coming Makeup Artists to Follow on Instagram
When you think of professional makeup artists in the world, you probably assume that they hail from culture capitals like New York, Paris, or Milan — but lately, Australian pros have been making a splash on the beauty scene. Some of the most popular pics in our feeds (like this look by Ania Milczarczyk) are created by Aussie artists. Scroll down for the six MUA that will have you double-tapping in a snap.
1. Emma Chen: Residing in Brisbane, Australia, Chen has worked with some of the most beautiful models on campaigns for brands like Marloe Swimwear, Black Milk Clothing, and Style Keepers, among others.
2. Penny Antuar: Aside from being an incredible bridal makeup artist, you can also catch this Brisbane-based makeup artist glamming up faces and sharing finished looks with her almost 32k Instagram followers. Her color-focused work for Australian brands such as Peony Swimwear, Petal & Pup, TEMT, and Valley Eyewear is the perfect mix of bold and beautiful.
3. Alana Mevissen: After seeing Mevissen’s work, you’ll know exactly why she won the Australia Beauty Industry Awards Commercial Makeup Artist of the Year in 2016. Her glowing looks featuring statement brows and standout lip shades can be seen in campaigns for Pulp Shoes, Billabong, Verve, and Princess Polly Boutique.
4. Ashlea Penfold: This hair and makeup artist extraordinaire has almost 50k Instagram followers who adore her unique, radiant, and detailed work.
5. Ania Milczarczyk: Donned the Queen of Highlighting, the Sydney-based makeup artist has over 239k followers on Instagram and work published in magazines worldwide.
6. Mia Connor: In 2015, Connor took the cake for Makeup Artists of the Year at The Australian Beauty Industry Awards, and we can see why with her total dominance of the smokey eye.
Tweet us your favorite makeup artists @BritandCo!