6 Things Every Minimalist Traveler Needs in Their Bag
You’ve booked an amazing vacation. Hooray! Good for you. But now comes the hard part: packing. It doesn’t matter if you’re taking a short vacay or finally making your globe-trotting dreams come true as a travel blogger, figuring out what to bring with you and what to leave home can be a daunting task. To help, we rounded up the six items every minimalist traveler needs to get the maximum fun out of every single minute of your well-deserved vacay.
1. Matador Transit30 Duffle ($50): Taking cues from the outdoor industry, this super lightweight packable bag is the perfect option for travelers who want to travel light, but also bring home extra souvenirs. Bonus: It’s carry-on size, so you can skip the checked baggage altogether.
2. Enso Elements Thin Silicone Ring — Copper ($40): Whether you’re concerned about dropping your rock in the ocean or just prefer to leave your valuables at home, the Enso silicone ring is the perfect alternative while you’re abroad. It’s super lightweight, durable and not to mention stylish too.
3. Ameribag Healthy Back Bag Nylon Deep Atlantic ($65): The trademarked teardrop shape of this over-the-shoulder bag ergonomically molds to the shape of your spine to instantly reduce stress in your neck, back and shoulders. And the cushioned single strap makes it easy to swing around to the front for easy access to all the important stuff, like your passport and plane ticket.
4. Lunya 5-Piece Travel Kit ($298): This five-piece set includes all your basics: joggers, a short- and long-sleeved shirt, bralette and sleep brief. Five pieces that are travel transitional and can be dressed up or down, worn as a cover-up, on an airplane and to bed. They’re perfect for layering AND maximizing space in your suitcase.
5. Soul Sprout Organic Sprouted Nut Bars ($3): We can all agree that plane food is… not amazing. That’s where Soul Sprout comes in. These nutrient-rich bars combine organic sprouted almonds with sweet fruit and powerful seeds for a hearty blast of antioxidants, healthy fats and essential vitamins and minerals. It’s light enough for on-the-go but packed full of enough nutrients and good-for-you ingredients to keep you satisfied on long flights.
6. PackTowl Ultralite Towel ($35): It might seem counterintuitive to pack something most places will provide travelers, but the PackTowl was built with minimization in mind. Designed to hold more than four times its weight in water, the real beauty comes in when you ring it out to completely dry.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)