If your next few weekends are packed with graduation parties, it’s time to start stocking up on gifts. But even if it seems like everyone you know is graduating college at once, this doesn’t have to break the bank. There are lots of affordable options that your favorite grad(s) will love, from a guidebook that will help them plan their post-college travel adventure, to a knife set that’ll seriously upgrade the whole ramen-for-dinner thing, to a fancy laptop decal that’ll motivate them on their new gig. The below gifts are budget-friendly at a price point of $30 (or less!), so you can spend the money you save on what you’ll wear to all those parties.
1. Ultimate Travel by Lonely Planet ($25): Now that they’ve got some extra time on their hands, this is their chance to travel the world. This guide, complete with 500 of the hottest attractions across the globe, will be indispensable for planning their big getaway (and hey, maybe you can even tag along).
2. Cuisinart Advantage Color Collection Knife Set ($26): Wanna give them something they’ll definitely use? This knife set, clad in a cheery palette (obvi), will last them through all of their meals and cooking (attempts) to come. Buh-bye, takeout.
3. Mud Pie Something Sparkly Jute Case ($18): With her college degree in hand, she’s ready to take on her next title: boss lady. So gift her something to remind her that she’s fully equipped to get the job done.
4. Formations “Queen of Everything” Stemless Wine Glass ($10): Show your BFF how proud of her you are by cheers-ing to her new status as the queen of collegiate wisdom and well, everything.
5. Route22Designs Chase Those Dreams Inspirational Bracelet ($23): A personalized silver cuff is the best way to motivate your pal in their new pursuits. And with several customized messages to choose from, you can tailor the inspo to truly speak to your fave grad.
6. Que Bella Face Mask Pamper Pack ($26): Four years of hard work warrants a little pampering. There’s no better place to start than with a set of face masks designed to brighten and moisturize their skin back to its pre-studying state.
7. Ban.do Rough Draft Large Notebook ($16): Take the sentiment of an inspirational greeting card and put it on a cute notebook for a gift your bestie will always want to have on hand.
8. Bed Bath & Beyond Monogram Letter Wine Stopper ($8): It’s time to celebrate! This monogrammed stopper will look oh-so-classy atop that bottle of bubbly.
9. BARBARIAN by Barbra Ignatiev Wild At Heart Passport Holder ($24): For their upcoming globetrotting, give them a pretty watercolor holder to protect their most important travel accessory — their passport.
10. Kate Spade New York Business Card Holder ($20): They’ll be able to tackle their job interviews in style with a sleek silver business card holder. Bonus: The adorable engraved detailing on this one will remind them to schedule a quick bite with you after they get their new offer.
11. Herbivore Botanicals ‘Calm’ Bath Salts ($18): Between pushing through finals, packing up, and getting ready to start their new life, it’s a pretty safe bet that they could use an at-home spa day complete with a calming bath and lots of relaxation.
12. Sugarfina Dark Chocolate Champagne Bears Bars ($24, 2-pack): Swap that bottle of champagne with something even more satisfying — a dark chocolate bar sprinkled with mini bubbly-flavored bears for a more grown-up candy treat.
13. Skyhawk Sticker Depot MacBook Sticker ($4): You may not always be nearby to give your bestie a pep talk, but you can provide them with some encouraging words as they embark on their new gig.
14. Modern Gourmet Foods Mason Jar ‘Grow Your Own Herbs’ ($30, three-pack): When they set-up their new kitchen, they’ll appreciate a gift that’s not only decorative but also useful in their culinary creations. And these herbs are super easy to grow, even if your pal doesn’t exactly have a green thumb.
15. Personalized Romantic M&M’S Candy Bags ($22+, 3-pack): Their favorite childhood treat can now be customized with your friend’s school colors, a witty message, or even a photo of them. Talk about a sweet way to surprise them on their special day.
16. GridLove Downtown Bend Map Print ($25+): A customized map of their campus or college town is a unique, commemorative gift that’ll be a comforting reminder when they’re feeling nostalgic.
17. Primula Copper Coffee French Press ($25): Caffeine was something they relied on during a busy four years, so treat them to a deluxe french press that’ll upgrade their cafeteria coffee addiction to adulting status.
18. Healthyish by Lindsay Maitland Hunt ($30): The real world = no more ramen for dinner. Help them take their cooking skills to a more mature level with a cookbook designed specifically for busy, on-the-go millennials.
19. RTVinylDesigns Before and After Work Glass Set ($28): This glass set will ensure that no matter how stressful life gets, there’s one v. important distinction: Coffee comes before work and wine comes after. Now that that’s settled, can somebody pass the rosé?
20. Yankee Candle Medium 2-Wick Tumbler Summer Candles ($25 Each): Welcome their first taste of summer (and their next chapter) with a seasonal candle from the cult favorite brand. Choose from five sunny and fresh scents perfect for cheering up their room or first apartment. Then, pair it with some decor essentials and a basket of goodies for a sweet housewarming gift they can take with them wherever the next road leads.
What affordable grad gifts are you loving? Show us on Instagram by tagging us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.