Kick Off Memorial Day Weekend With This Strawberry Rose Cocktail
Ahhh, Memorial Day Weekend. It’s the unofficial declaration that summer’s begun and the ultimate excuse to throw a Memorial Day party where you can hang poolside with your friends, eating make-ahead recipes. But you know what would pair great with that delicious summer-inspired burger and your new polka-dot one-piece? A gin-tastic cocktail, that’s what. Enjoy the quenching taste of gin, rose water, strawberries, and bitters. Each sip will transport you to paradise and make you believe you’re on permanent vacay. It’s light and fruity and the perfect addition to any MDW BBQ sesh.
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 ounces gin
- 2-3 dashes orange bitters
- 1/2 ounce rose water
- 4-5 strawberries, muddled
1. Slice 4-5 medium to small strawberries and place them in a shaker.
2. With a muddler, carefully muddle the strawberries until they look like mush.
3. Squeeze half a lemon, 1/2 ounce of rose water, two ounces of gin, two to three dashes of orange bitters, and ice into the shaker.
4. Shake vigorously for a minute or two and carefully strain the cocktail through a sieve, into a cup.
5. Add ice and garnish with a strawberry and serve immediately.
Slice 4-5 medium to small strawberries and place them in a shaker. With a muddler, carefully muddle the strawberries until they look like mush. Squeeze half a lemon and 1/2 ounce of rose water.
Add ice and two to three dashes of orange bitters into the shaker. Shake vigorously for a minute or two and carefully strain the cocktail through a sieve, into a cup. Add ice, garnish with a strawberry, and serve immediately.
If your Memorial Day isn’t awesome after this drink, then maybe you need just one more.
Like this cocktail? Check out our Summer Cocktail Roundup for more recipes and inspo!