12 Ideas to Host an Elle Woods-Inspired Graduation Party
It’s almost commencement time, and while you can celebrate your accomplishments any number of ways, what better than a party that not only honors the newly minted graduates but also pays homage to one of the greatest graduation movies of all time — Legally Blonde? Bend and Snap(chat) your way to the party of the year (bunny costume optional) with our DIY musts and one-click purchases. What? Like it’s hard?
1. DIY Charm Bracelet Graduation Lei: Celebrate all those amazing memories AND keep your accessory game totally on point. It’s the Elle Woods way. (via The House That Lars Built)
2. Elle Woods Grad Cap: Go cheeky with your cap, or use one of Elle’s more earnest quotes: “You must always have faith in yourself.” (via Empire State of Mind)
3. Mylar Balloon Backdrop: “Congratulations class of 2004, WE DID IT!” (You too, class of 2018!) Blow that milestone year up big for a so-sparkly, so-festive backdrop. (via Brite & Bubbly)
4. DIY Grad Cap Cupcake Toppers: You know that no baked goodie is complete without a finishing touch. These tasseled toppers are the icing on the cake. (via Positively Splendid)
5. Dixie and Twine Iridescent Garland ($18): Is it a party without a banner? This one says it all. And can you say amazing photo booth backdrop?
6. Printable Photo Booth Props: You’ll also need cute props for all the photos, so print these out and stick them on color-coordinated straws. (via Party Delights Blog)
7. Printable Grad Badges: Elle Woods was all about sisterhood (Delta Nu!); show your girls you feel the same with these cheery printables. (via White House Crafts)
8. Bespoke Bride Shop Legally Blonde Quote Stickers ($14): It’s only one of the most quotable movies of all time, so why not take advantage? These fun stickers adhere to a variety of drinkwear, so you’re set whether you’re using crystal flutes or Solo cups.
9. Printable Grad Gift Bottle Tags: Bottle tags are just one more chance for celebratory messages. They give it a little something extra, don’t you think? (via Persia Lou)
10. DIY Champagne Mimosa Bar: After years of draft beer and cheap cocktails, indulge with a mimosa bar. And don’t be afraid to splurge on fancy garnishes and silly drink stirrers — graduation is a time to celebrate! (via Ruffled)
11. Minor Thread Hella Feminist Key Tag ($8): All good parties need a parting gift, and this little pink keychain is perfection.
12. Wohaha Legally Blonde Pencils ($12): Hand ’em out to all your attendees and they’ll be prepped for all future bend-and-snap situations. Most thoughtful gift ever.
Show us your Legally Blonde bash on Instagram using hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)