14 Affordable Mid-Century Decor Ideas for Your Home
With an irresistible blend of cool silhouettes and stylish colors, mid-century modern is essentially the high-fashion style of home decor (and typically in the same price range as that gorgeous Balenciaga gown from NYFW). However, you can still get the look of those vintage Eames chairs that sold at auction for thousands without breaking the bank. Whether you’re looking for a chic update for your mid-century bar cart or the perfect 1960s-inspired accent chair, these online finds and easy ideas will bring this oh-so-mod style home for much less.
1. Pantone-Style Stackable Chair ($99): Place a pair of these classic Pantone chairs in a bright hue at either end of your dining table; it will make a bold impact with lots of personality.
Impress your friends and bring the mid-century lifestyle home with a fabulous home bar setup (martini, anyone?). (via Brit + Co)
For a super budget-friendly option, give affordable ceramic accents a streamlined update with matte gold paint. Create a collection of them on your mantel or bookshelf, or scatter them around your place for a touch of mid-century style throughout. (via Brit + Co)
5. Sputnik Chrome Pendant ($175+): Nothing says mid-century like a classic Sputnik pendant light. Filament bulbs give this relatively affordable option a trendy update.
6. Diamante Geo Printed Rug ($49): Bold geometrics are a great way to add a little mid-century flair to your decor. Plus this black-and-white option will blend seamlessly with whatever color scheme you’ve already got going on.
IKEA is always a good bet. This rounded rattan pick looks just as chic in the living room as it does on a patio.
8. Atomic Beehive Lamp ($84): Atomic lamps offer the perfect blend of color and futuristic style. Place a collection of them on your sideboard for a statement, or keep it simple with one on your nightstand.
10. Avocado Pillow ($40+): Swap out your existing sofa pillows for some with colorful vintage patterns.
11. Orange Mid-Century Chair ($199): Most antiques dealers have caught on to the mid-century trend and raised their prices, but you can still get some good deals on furniture that’s not from iconic brands like Eames or George Nelson. Plus, it’s still the real thing! Simply reupholster in an updated pattern for a look that’s totally on point.
12. Etched Geometric Pitcher ($32): Ease into the mid-century world with small decor pieces like this adorable vintage pitcher.
13. West Elm Bedding: With a bright, geometric-print duvet, your bedroom can take on a distinct retro flair when combined with mid-century lighting or accent pillows. For a quick update that makes a big impact, peruse the sale section for stylish geometric finds like this.
14. Coaster Contemporary Metal Floor Lamp ($171): With a dramatic design and modern appeal, a quintessential arc floor lamp in flashy chrome will make a statement in any living space (and it makes a great reading light!).