19 Times Aldo and DSW Killed the Shoe Game This Season
Ladies, listen up, because winter is coming. Fashion-savvy femmes know that it’s totally valid — mandatory, even — to update your footwear every now and again, especially once the wintry months are upon us. With the holidays quickly approaching and the invites starting to roll in, we’ve been seriously considering how to step up our shoe game with some holiday-ready styles, which is why we were so pleasantly surprised to see such next-level footwear just waiting to be nabbed at two of our standby stores. That’s right — good ol’ Aldo and dependable DSW are killing it with some super wearable options that cover every shoe trend on our radar, taking you from desk to dinner and back again without skipping a beat or busting your fall shoe budget. So without further ado, scroll down for a selection of shoes from two stores that deserve a second look.
1. Aldo Biacci Flats ($65): We fell head over heels for this pair of cranberry-hued pointy-toed flats. Complete with a chic metallic heel and on-trend straps, this upscale flat is as dressy as it gets without opting for actual heels.
2. Aldo Briavia Pump ($70): This metallic pair of pointy-toed block heels should be your go-to shoe for every holiday party this season. They’ll be impossibly cute paired with some winter-friendly tights, but whether dressed up or down, they’re versatile enough to breeze right through the day-to-night shift.
3. Aldo Kerari Low-Mid Heel ($80): Without a structured toe, this low block heel lends a romantic ballet-inspired twist to your classic stepper. You’ll be the eye-catching life of the party in this festive AF pair.
4. Aldo Falia Low-Mid Heel ($80): This matte black pair of chic midi heels is made totally holiday-ready thanks to the simple metallic stripe on the heel. If you believe that subtle and sophisticated go hand-in-hand, then you’ll love the minimalist appeal of this cool girl-worthy pair.
5. Chinese Laundry Mabel Pump ($50): These low-midi block heels in that red-hot shade will keep your style game warm and toasty on even the coldest of winter nights. The rounded toe and delicate ankle strap make this shoe tailor made for a trendy look with some feminine flair.
6. CL by Laundry Ada Leopard Pump ($40): We’re loving the chic look of this print on the season’s hottest silo, with its understated height and minimalist design. After feasting your eyes on leopard print done right, snatch up these pumps and get your party on.
7. CL by Laundry Ada Lace Pump ($40): We’ll be the first to admit that sometimes black lace makes us drool, and this romantic pair of black pumps does not disappoint. They’re delicate and feminine with some distinctive edge, which is a look that we’re always going for.
8. Aldo McKinnons High Heel Sandals ($90): Where we come from, this is considered a killer stiletto (and a sizzlin’ hot one at that). The simple black lines on this uber-sexy sandal get downright industrial chic thanks to fierce silver studs and a choker-like ankle strap.
9. Adrienne Vittadini Pezant Pump ($70): Here’s another reminder not to skimp on the “play” when living the work-hard-play-hard lifestyle. You can slip these loafer-inspired heels on during the workday and flash only the slightest metallic glint to your coworkers from the elusive metallic inner heel.
10. Franco Sarto Marigold Pump ($70): The mixed-media look of these Oxford-inspired patent pumps combines professionalism with a girly appeal for a look that could undoubtedly bring your S.O.’s “sexy librarian” fantasies to life. Slip on these bad boys in the a.m. and wear ’em straight through your nine-to-five and six-to-whenever festivities.
11. Wanted Angel Metallic Oxford ($40): This pair of on-trend metallic Oxfords tops our must-have footwear list this holiday season. Their brogue-inspired design makes them supremely comfy, and will instantly infuse holiday spirit into your day-to-night look.
12. BC Footwear Forget Me Not Bootie ($70): This pair of booties is one of our favorite finds. They’re versatile enough to be worn with pants, skirts or dresses, with a hint of metallic luster that gives off some serious wow factor.
13. Indigo Rd. Taylin Bootie ($60): This stacked-heeled bootie deserves a spot in your closet with its flirty laced back and metallic gold accents. Whether dolled up or toned down, you simply can’t go wrong — especially in that scrumptious shade of merlot.
14. Steve Madden Rosaly Bootie ($80): Feast your eyes upon these too-cute-for-words military-inspired booties that are perfect for the cool girl in all of us. Change things up with a unique shade of brown suede to keep your style far more glam than the average hipster.
15. Lauren Lorraine Simmer Boot ($70): These stiletto-heeled booties boast some major glitz, thanks to a coating of dazzling beads. We’d like to get our hands on this fancy-pants pair of heels that revamp the classic shape.
16. Aldo Angnes Boot ($140): Don’t ask questions — just buy these RN. This pair of haute-AF booties with a snug lace-up back are perfect for a date night (or everyday slayage).
17. Marc Fisher Epic Over the Knee Boot ($130): Get in on fashion’s newest must-have — the ultra-high boot with a stacked midi heel. They’ll look stylish as all hell during the day, and they’ll keep your legs nice and warm all winter long. Seriously, there’s a reason why the OTK style is the season’s hottest trend in boots.
18. Aldo Campiano Dress Boot ($130): As soon as Taylor Swift made her debut in a pair of burgundy velvet boots, we knew it was only a matter of time before our own pair of sole mates showed up. Now that they’re here, we can’t wait to rock these ultra fancy stiletto-heeled OTK boots in a holiday-ready shade.
19. Aldo Olena Boot ($220): ICYMI, a pair of long-line black boots is basically a wardrobe staple for every fashion girl out there. The cut of these elongating steppers offers up a certain je ne sais quoi, lending a touch of luxury to whatever you pair them with.
Which of these festive and fabulous holiday-ready shoes was your favorite? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)