An App That’s a Digital Butler to Sort Your Life + 4 More New Apps
This week was freakin’ awesome — not only did we get to binge on pie for Pi Day, but we also got to meet a *ton* of our idols at SXSW (seriously, you have to go check out Cecile Richards’ #PinkOut immediately). So to cap off this already amazing week, we thought we would spend a little time investing in entrepreneurs looking to change the world. From an app that’ll teach you to code to one that’s trying to make investing accessible to all, here are five brand new apps that’ll help you learn new skills and simplify your life.
1. Stance: There’s no better way to get the attention of your local representative than giving him or her a personal call. But because we’re far too busy to stay on hold for an hour, this cool app is making it super easy to make our voices heard by sending your message directly to our rep’s phone without the wait time. (FYI, they also post your message on their website to inspire others).
2. Mendr: While we love messing around with photo editing apps ourselves, we’ll totally admit that we have absolutely no idea what we’re doing. Instead of just increasing the contrast and toggling a few options, try Mendr. It’s an awesome new tool that matches you with certified editing experts that’ll perfect your pictures and send them back to you in the app for a small fee.
3. MyAlfred: Batman lovers, prepare to meet your next BFF. This AI butler does all the work you’ve been putting off — from finding the perfect date for your high school reunion hangout to planning your semi-regular weekly workouts.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Encode: If you’ve ever thought that coding was far beyond your grasp, think again. With interactive code challenges and lessons, this sweet app is perfect for computer science newbies looking to pick up a new skill.
5. Divy: This free app is trying to make it easier for everybody to start investing. Using simple collections of stocks inspired by things you actually care about (AKA breaking news and popular culture), Divy allows you to own any stock in increments as small as $10.
DL It: Free on iOS
Which app was your fave this week? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.