10 Anything-but-Basic White Sneakers for Spring
It’s only a matter of days (or a few short weeks) before your white eyelet dresses and wide-brimmed fedoras are out in full force. But what’s missing? Ah, yes, a new pair of kicks that perfectly encapsulates your dream spring capsule wardrobe. Though you may be partial to your retro-cool white LA Gear or Keds sneakers, the latest iterations are anything but snoozy. If they’re not embroidered, printed, or paint splattered, then they’re maxed out with all sorts of playful accents (cough, cough, poms and tassels!). Don’t delay: Usher in spring with a vengeance a la these 10 updated white tennies that are guaranteed to slay on the streets.
1. Vans Bird Embroidery Authentic Sneaker ($70): T-minus how many days ’til your exotic getaway to Costa Rica? These embroidered sneaks featuring the birds of paradise will have you channeling an island state of mind in no time.
2. Loeffler Randall Logan Sneaker ($350): Give the design team at Loeffler Randall a pair of plain ol’ white kicks, and they’ll work their magic. Between the fringy tassels and random paint splatters, this elevated pair is practically a masterpiece in their own right.
3. Superga Multicolor Platform Sneaker ($85): In a world of monochromatic black and white sneakers, be the CHANGE you want to see around you. These Superga platforms featuring a pastel-hued rainbow heel will spread instant cheer wherever you go.
4. Missguided White Floral Embroidered Lace Up Sneakers ($54): Your everyday white lace-up trainers receive the girly treatment all thanks to an ultra-femme floral embroidery. The next time you’re hanging with the bros (pick-up b-ball game FTW), you can reach for these bad boys — give or take your favorite souvenir jacket and some rolled-up boyfriend jeans.
5. & Other Stories Leather Glitter Sneaker ($125): Electric Daisy Carnival, here we come! Cue the hula hoops and glow bracelets: The assortment of glittery appliques featured on these not-so-average white sneakers would even do Lady Gaga proud.
6. Keds for Kate Spade New York Kick Sneakers ($75): You don’t wear sneakers, you say? None of that, now. These streamlined white canvas sneakers — complete with multi-striped tassel laces, no less — are comfortable enough for city commutes, strolls along the boardwalk, and midnight ice cream runs (priorities, people!).
7. Zara Leather Pompoms Sneakers ($70): Stan Smiths, move out da way! We think we’ve found your replacement in these pink and white pom-pom-topped stompers that bring a DGAF ‘tude. We dare you to disagree.
8. SeaVees for J.Crew Legend Sneakers in Gingham ($88): Preppy enthusiasts, we sought out these blue gingham print sneakers specifically for you (and your seafaring ways, natch). Not just restricted to the yachting club, these Montauk-bound kicks will hold you down for a tennis match, a picnic in the park, or a well-deserved beach day. A straw tote won’t be too far behind.
9. Mango Printed Sneakers ($50): Lend a Hawaiian punch to an all-neutral ensemble with these pretty floral printed sneakers that call for a tropical retreat. Just add a colorful lei and a straw hula skirt for that coveted island girl look.
10. Free People Crystallized Sneaker ($298): Sneakers with some class — get ready to be black-tie official with these statement-making crystallized trainers that could work with an LBD and chandelier earrings if you play your cards right. *Wink.*
Which of these white tennies will you be investing in? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming spring trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.