17 Colorful Spring Sneakers You’ll *Actually* Wear
Every now and then, it’s refreshing to hang up the heels and embrace sensible walking shoes. Oh, the horror! But actually. With athleisure continuing to have a moment, there’s no time like RN to give comfy shoes a second (or third) chance. You know what they say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ’em! Don’t think of it as dressing down per se, but as test-driving a more daytime-casual look that just so happens to be right on trend. Whereas stilettos can often come across as trying too hard, the right pair of tennies reads cool girl in action. Scroll down for 17 game-changing spring kicks (from colorful monochrome sneakers to easy-going slip-ons) that won’t cramp your style one bit.
1. Adidas Originals Pastel Supercolor Stan Smith Sneaker ($85): Go monochrome or go home! If you only invest in one pair of comfy shoes this season, make it these striking turquoise Stan Smith sneakers that can be spotted from a mile away. No joke! Don’t be intimidated by the attention-grabbing hue — when paired with everyday basics, like boyfriend jeans and a ribbed tee, there’s no going wrong.
2. Vans Old Skool Sneaker ($55): ‘Cause you’re just a skater girl with a soft spot for old school classics, like these iconic blue Vans. Before the all-black-everything Adidas movement was a thang, these bad boys were the hippest sneaks on the block. Channel your inner rockstar by pairing them with distressed black jeans or a denim button-front skirt for an off-duty look.
3. Zara Palm Tree Print Sneakers ($40): Have a spontaneous getaway planned, will invest in some palm tree sneakers to solidify your island-girl status. Now all that’s missing is a pom-pom-trimmed beach cover-up and some white chino shorts for a lounge-worthy getup that comes second to none.
4. Inkkas Cotton Candy Low-Tops ($72): Travel the world in style with these handmade Aztec-inspired low-tops that are begging to be paired with an anorak jacket and a crochet dress for a festival-going look.
5. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Fringe Sneaker ($100): Say buh-bye to your desert-inspired suede booties and mocassins, and hello to these festive white fringed Chuck Taylors that will bring back all the feels. Gear up for outdoor concerts and woodland-themed weddings by styling them with a flower crown and a free-spirited maxi dress.
6. Vans Aloha Floral Slip-on Sneaker ($55): Start channeling tropical vibes STAT with these Hawaiian-inspired floral slip-ons that will make you feel as though you’re in paradise (even when you’re stuck in a boring cubicle). Turn up the island tunes and toss on some colorful leis for a backyard luau. Fruity cocktail drinks with umbrella-topped straws are obligatory.
7. Mango Panels Leather Sneakers ($80): Take a walk on the wild side with these white tennis shoes featuring fierce animal print panels. Up the rawr factor with a free-wheelin’ pair of culottes and a mock neck crop top that will dominate the night scene. We can’t even.
8. Loeffler Randall Cora Perforated Sneaker ($295): Girl, you didn’t think we could forget about you and your high-fashion ways, did you? Wear these metallic perforated sneakers with a versatile tennis skort and a laid-back pullover for a downtown look that’s so right now.
9. BucketFeet Pineappleade Slip on Sneakers ($84): Take your pineapple obsession to the next level with these preppy metallic pineapple-printed sneakers that will make even your most casual denim cutoffs look fab. TBH, you’ll never want to take them off.
10. Adidas by Stella McCartney Castora Sneakers ($160): Do athleisure right with these tropical blue floral Adidas x Stella McCartney sneakers that will make you want to break out in a sweat. Take these sartorial workhorses around the block for an early-morning jog, or wear them while running errands for a lazy girl-approved look.
11. Keds for Kate Spade Starfish Kick Sneakers ($75): Leisurely walks along the beach and boardwalk will never be the same again. Add these super cute white starfish-printed Keds to your capsule wardrobe for endless outfit possibilities.
12. H&M Slip-on Platform Shoes ($30): If pink is your power color, look no further. These girly steppers will look divine with anything from a white cutout dress to a Carrie Bradshaw-inspired tulle skirt.
13. MICHAEL Michael Kors Kendrick Espadrille Sneakers ($99): Get the best of both worlds with these striped espadrilles-turned-sneakers in disguise. If you’re Hamptons-bound, then you already know that these are mandatory (to be paired with none other than a crisp white button-down and floppy straw hat). Otherwise, proceed to style them with an effortless tie-waist skirt or an eyelet dress for the win.
14. Diadora Camaro Trainer ($125): Too much color? No such thing. Not only do these fluorescent green and pink trainers pack some serious punch, but they’ll make you look fly on (and off) the track. Between an upcoming Color Run and an ‘80s-themed shindig, these bad boys are too good to pass up.
15. Missguided Holographic Bubble Detail Trainers ($43): Zenon-inspired kicks? We’re so down. Just you wait — it won’t be long before these holographic trainers are the next big thang. Style them for on a night on the town with a neck-plunging jumpsuit and a track jacket.
16. Minna Parikka Maya Slip on Sneakers ($294): Too glam for sneakers? Not this girl. Between the iridescent shimmer and gorgeous beads, these ultra-feminine denim slip-ons could totally be teamed with a chiffon gown for a spring formal.
17. New Balance 574 Mint Green Trainers ($105): Training for a half-marathon is about to become a smidge easier thanks to these New Balance sneakers that are a pastel enthusiast’s dream. Pair them with a neon sports bra for the yoga studio or take a risk by styling them alongside a chambray off-the-shoulder dress. That’ll get them talking!
Will you be rocking stylish sneakers this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.